Ignoring the visible look of confusion on his wife's face, Evan climbed on top of her and aggressively started kissing and taking her clothes off. 

* * * * *

Alyson let out a sigh, tying her silk robe as she stared at herself in the mirror. She fixed up her matted hair, so many thoughts running through her head about what just happened with Evan.

For so long, all she wanted was for him to at least touch her and when he did, it wasn't even good. She didn't even enjoy herself, she didn't even finish.

They've had rough sex before but this time was just different.

By the look in Evan's eyes, Alyson wasn't even sure he was there, mentally speaking. The worse part was, the sex left her feeling so, dirty.

Just staring at her reflection made her want to break down right on the bathroom floor.

Pushing her feeling and emotions to the side, she took a deep breath and left out of the bathroom.

Walking into their bedroom, she saw that Evan was already dressed to go back to work. He was obvious having his own thoughts and feelings about what happened because he couldn't even look at her.

She sat on the opposite side of the bed as he put on his shoes.

"I'm sorry," he apologized to her surprise.

"For what?" she asked.

Letting out a small sigh, he paused, looking upward, "I don't know. . . I mean, I don't know what's gotten into me. I didn't mean to -"

"It's okay," Alyson pulled her robe closed. "It's okay, just forget it."

An awkward silence fell over the two.

Alyson pushed her hair behind her ears, looking away.

"You said you wanted to talk about something," Evan stood up and went into their closet.

"Oh yeah," Alyson perked up a bit, remembering Joseph's offer. "Uh, I never told you about your grandfather's memorial."

"I didn't ask."

"Yeah, I know but something happened. You see, your grandfather really was a millionaire. I don't know if you've heard of Louie -"

"Aly," Evan interrupted her. "I don't care to know who he was. I don't care about him, I don't care about -"

"Joseph offered me a job to help him run his father's company!" she blurted out.

An eery silence fell over the room. A silence that made poor Alyson's blood run cold.

Evan came out of the closet, his suit jacket in hand.

"Don't tell me, you're bringing this up because you want to go work with him."

"Please, please, please, just hear me out, E. Don't make this personal, this is extremely business, alright? I'm not considering anything you wouldn't."

"Extremely business my ass," Evan scoffed. "Do you really think Joseph asked you to work with him because he 'sees something in you'?" He laughed, "give me a break, Aly. He obviously only asked you to get to me. I don't want anything to do with him or his business, so to get back at me, he asked you."

Not wanting to hurt his feelings, Alyson crossed her arms over his chest, thoughtfully.

"What?" Evan asked her.