иєω уєαя, иєω ℓιfє

Start from the beginning

You huffed a little, then start walking past them. "W-Well, I-I'm sorry but I gotta go. It was nice running into you both. --Literally...!" You waved at them and speed-walked off to English class, sighing to relieve your awkwardness.

You duck into your classroom and head to your seat, quickly sitting beside the window before anyone else could get dibs. As more students gathered into the room, you look over to see you were in the same class as Randy and Howard, both of them heading to their seats beside yours. They whispered to each other for a while, too quiet for you to hear anything in particular. You simply shrug and look ahead, sliding your headphones around your neck. Then the teacher spoke up, stepping up in front of his desk.

"Well, I'm sure you're all bummed to be back in school. Well so am I! Alright! 500 words or more: what I did on my summer vacation!" He yelled, getting himself comfy on the chair of his desk while slamming his fist beside a large stack of papers. At this point, you barely heard Randy and Howard speak after Howard shuffled to Randy's desk.

"Cunningham, let me copy off ya!"

"Howard, we can't turn in the exact same essay!"

"But we had the exact same summer!"

The teacher threw his shoe at Howard's head. "No talking!" he yelled, now barefoot on his left foot.

You giggled a little as Howard retreated to his seat, then started to write as you pulled your headphones back on.

'Name: (Y/n) (L/n).

Grade: 9.

Title: What I Did During My Summer Vacation.

It was boring. Nothing exciting happened for a while when first going in. Just reading novels, writing new music for some events my parents commissioned me for, gaming, or watching TV. Nothing new. Still no friends. Not that it really mattered anyway. I'm fine on my own. Then, something happened. Something I never thought could happen to me...'

(FLASHBACK)

You were currently reading from a tablet on your bed, studying ancient warriors from long ago to gain inspiration for a song your father asked you to write. Several hours of reading had led you to the Ninja of Norrisville. It had said that he protected the whole land by himself against a dark sorcerer, as well as various villains. "Pfft. That's dumb," you mumbled. "How come a girl can never be the heroes in these kinds of fantasy stories? Guys fighting this, guys conquering that."

You sighed and plopped the tablet on the bed, leaning back. A chill soon came by and made you shiver. Then you noticed your bedroom window was open about halfway. That's odd. You always had it closed. Just under that window to it was your nightstand. And on that nightstand was a box you didn't recognize. You tilt your head in confusion, then cautiously got up walked toward it. You put your hand on top and slowly opened it. Inside was a book, black and blue. A note was on it, saying 'the Kunoichi Nomicon.'

"The Kunoichi Nomicon?" You repeated. You pick up the book and examine it. Nothing you've seen before. Then you saw another note in the box. You picked it up and read it out loud. "You are the Kunoichi." Your jaw promptly dropped. You look inside the box again and reach in, lifting a mask from it. It was all black, with blue streaks over the eyes and across the face.

"No way..." You said with your eyes widened. "I'm... a girl ninja?" One last note: 'You can't tell anyone.' You shrugged. "I can do that. No one talks to me anyway. No friends, no problems." You looked at the mask again. Almost hesitant, you put it on. Suddenly, ribbons wrapped around your right arm. Then left. Then your whole body. You looked in a nearby mirror and saw you were a black and blue ninja, with your hair in a ponytail in the back. You also wore a blue scarf around your neck and waist. "This is... so honkin' cool!" You yelled, laughing proudly. Suddenly, you felt as if you could do anything. You ran on your walls, did flips, and tried some tricks with your scarf to open doors and drawers. You cheered for yourself, jumping upward. "I have a thing!"