иєω уєαя, иєω ℓιfє

It was a new year at Norrisville High, with students pouring in at a boring pace. The one school around where everyone had a role and everyone was known for it. Whether you were popular or nerdy, a band lover or a dancer, a bookworm or a star: Everyone knew about it. They treat each other as such, acting upon the roles given to them. A realm of stereotypes. High school, where everyone had something 'special' to call their own.

And then there's you.

You were (Y/n) (L/n), an introverted girl who usually was her own crowd. You never were really given a title, since as far as everyone else was concerned, you were invisible. If someone actually wanted to get to know you, they would see a side of you that has a passion for writing and composing music of a wide variety. Even now as your favorite music was bumping in your ears to give some rhythm to your step. But sadly no one really bothered talking to you. And you've lived here all your life, so it was pretty surprising to you. Not that you really fought against it, either. You tended to mind your own business, so if no one spoke to you, you didn't bother speaking to anyone else.

You walk in the large high school, sighing and prepared for whatever lies ahead. You look around the blue locker halls, seeing everyone already in their little cliques. Dancers, band geeks, bullies, jocks, and gamers. Everyone had a place except you. This might've been very hurtful to any other typical teen at this school, to a point where they would want to get noticed as quickly as possible. But oddly enough, you were okay with it. Especially now. You walked down the halls, smiling ever so slightly as you hummed a small tune. Despite your hate toward the fact that school started up again, you were very jumpy inside. Something happened over the summer you would never forget and you couldn't wait to start.

Something no one would ever believe of simple, shy (Y/n).

But then you ran into something, snapping you out of your thoughts near instantly. You stumble back and hit the nearby lockers with a grunt. You shake your head a little and looked over to see what you had run into, gripping your bookbag to your chest. You saw a lean purple-haired boy with blue eyes, a red shirt, a blue jacket, and dark jeans. He looked just a bit older than you, standing taller than you by only an inch or two. Next to him was a short guy on the pudgier side, red-haired with a blue shirt and light blue jacket left unbuttoned. They both turned to you, confused looks on their faces. You felt yourself curl up a little, glancing down at your feet.

"I-I'm sorry..." You mumble softly, rocking back and forth on your heels subtly as you remove one side of your headphones. "I-I wasn't paying attention."

"It's cool," the dark-haired boy said as he waved his hand, a grin on his face. "First day, no one wants to pay attention yet."

"Hey..." The shorter one said, kinda suspiciously while stepping a bit closer. He then pointed to your face. "You're (Y/n), right? That super-shy chick with headphones on 24/7?"

You gulped and nodded slightly, kinda ducking behind your bag. "Y-Yeah... Th-That's me..." You quietly respond as you give a little thumbs up and a half-smile.

He then laughed, slapping his knee. "Oh, sweet cheese! I honestly thought you weren't able to talk!" The first boy glanced at him and punched the top of his head, causing him to instantly shut up. "Ow--!!"

"Ignore him. He's a shoob," the other boy said, pointing to him with his thumb. He then held his hand out to you. "So, (Y/n), huh? Bruce name. I'm Randy."

You shyly took his hand and shook it a little. "N-Nice to meet you, Randy. Officially, I mean. I-I have been here for as long as I can remember, and I've seen you around..."

He chuckled, taking the hand back. Then he gestured to his friend. "He's Howard." You waved at Howard, receiving a smirk in return.

"Yeah yeah, nice meetin' you. Still, I haven't heard you talk in... ever!" He pointed out, crossing his arms.