Chapter Twenty

Luna's POV:

I wake up early morning, I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. 'Today is a new day.' I tell myself. Noah barges in, his eyes filled with sadness. Today was the day he had to go back to boarding school...and he didn't like leaving us.

I sit up, and smile at him. "Aren't you happy to see your friends?" I ask, he shrugs as he walks over to me. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" He looks at me, with a worried face. "I'm grown women...I think I will." I reply, before pinching his cheeks softly. "But thank you for worrying about me." He nods, and leaves my bedroom.

I quickly get up and change into some leggings and a sweatshirt. I walk downstairs, to see Mila in Noah's arms. "Why are you leaving me? Everyone always leaves me." Mila says, with sadness lingering in her voice. "Mommy will be here...Mila." I walk over to them. "I better get going before...I'm late." Noah looks at us before giving Mila a kiss on her cheek.

We decided that it would be best for Noah to be driven to his boarding school. Instead of all us driving him. The reason why, was because Mila always tries to hide in dorm, and when she's found she begins to throw a huge tantrum. I wanted to take Noah, but he protested.

Im brought back from thoughts, as Noah waves is goodbye. I hold Mila tightly, as she tries to rush after him. Just like she would always try to stop Liam from leaving...never worked, but this was before he stopped showing his feelings towards Mila.

I let go of Mila once she realizes he is gone. She turns to me, and begins to cry. She gently falls into my arms. "Why does Noah have to leave us....he always leaves just like Liam would—But he wont leave us permanently...right?" I'm taken aback by her question. "Of course not my love, he just has to go to school...but he'll be back before you know it—i promise."

Soon after Michael walks in, with some breakfast. I stare at him, as I hold Mila. He quickly sets the food down as he sees her crying. "Noah left." Mila cries, and runs into his arms. He quickly picks her up, she buried her head into his neck. I give him a small smile, as I walk over to him. He takes me gently by the waist, with unused hand. I hug him tightly.

Michaels POV:

I over hear what Mila says. Wow...Liam doesn't deserve to ever have them back—he left them so damaged. I open the door, carrying food in one hand. I fake a smile, acting as if I hadn't heard a single thing.

I set the food down, as I see Mila crying in Luna's arms. She turns around to face me. Her cheeks the pinkest color, and her eyes filled with tears. I glance at Luna. She's wearing leggings, and a sweatshirt. Something simple, yet she looks stunning in it. Mila runs towards me. I pick her up, and she buries her head in my neck.

Luna walks over, i gently take her by her waist and bring her into a hug. Butterflies...that's what I feel. Yet, she will only ever see me as her 'gay best friend.' Oh if only she knew.