Fearless: Chapter 2

-Elle's POV-

The past few days have been really rushed. Everybody's been wanting to hang around with me. Even Steve and Darry!

I went out with Dallas and we went out to our place. We arrived at the billboard with our spray cans. I decided to dress in all black just like a bad guy in the movies. We spray painted DAL AND ELLE WERE NOT HERE. The cops won't even give a crap. Nobody uses that billboard anyways.

Afterwards we went to Bucks to get rip roaring drunk. We had Dally's favourite, milk and vodka. It wasn't the best but it was still booze.

The only way to burn off alcohol is to dance so that's what we did. We did the twist and shook our hips. This new song came on, it was something 'bout a boogie? It was sure a funky tune!

Coincidentally we bumped into Two Bit and Aj. I was feeling horrible, I was super drunk. I said hi to Aj and collapsed. Thank goodness Two Bit was there to catch me. "Let's get you home." Two chuckled.

"I ain't feeling so hot..." I slurred going outside. I puked off the porch, I forgot how it felt to be this drunk. But then again I never remember anything when I get drunk.

Two Bit carried me home. Apparently his car tires got slashed. Maybe the Shepard gang trying to get back for what Dallas did.

The next morning I had a wicked hangover. I started puking some more. My head ached from the brightness. Two Bit came back in with two aspirins, water, and sunglasses. "How do you never get hangovers?" I complained to Two.

"I'm so used to being drunk!" He laughs at everything he says. He cracks himself up.

I decided to visit the cemetery. I went through the twists and turns of the maze and got to Soda's plot. I felt bad I missed the funeral but Soda understands. At least Ponyboy read the letter I wrote for Soda in the hospital.

"Hey Soda, I miss you," I sighed and sat on the frosty grass in front of his headstone, "Well, I know you saved me from dying. Thank you. It's different without you. How's it like there? Tell your parents I say hi. I really, really miss you..." I said bursting out in tears.

"I'm sorry I missed your funeral. I'm sorry for everything. You've given up so much for me. Thank you so much..." I continued my speech and my sobs, "I'll see you later, love you Soda..."

I walked out of the cemetery still in tears. I didn't know where to go. I didn't want to be near the gang, I didn't know why. I guess I just needed a break from everything, everyone.

I went out into town to check out what's new. When I got there I was amazed. There were a bunch of weird looking people holding up signs and marching down the streets. The signs said things like 'Make peace not war!' 'year of the hippies!' and 'legalize grass!'.

The girls had these white, flowing clothes and flowers in their hair and hands. The guys had brown leather vests, long hair, and sunglasses. They looked nice but not something us greasers would wear.

I watched the hippies protest, walked around the new stores that had hippie clothes, and went to the record shop. I got Elvis' new album.

I walked back home. Two Bit wasn't there. Neither was mom. I walked to the Curtis house. No one was there. I walked to the DX. No one was there. I walked to the lot. No one was there. Where could they have gone this late?