Breathless: Chapter 8

-Elle's POV-

Two Bit hadn't come home in a day. The last time I saw him was when he stormed out of the Curtis house when I had tried to confront him. Maybe he would never come back. Maybe he hated me and didn't want to live here anymore.

Austin caught me daydreaming. I probably looked creepy staring into space like that. "What's wrong?" Austin asked. 'Everything,' I thought to myself. I thought we had covered this already. . . Two Bit was mad at me because I was dating Dallas. It still didn't make any sense to me.

"Nothing," I lied through a fake smile. I was just hoping he bought it. He was a smart kid and he didn't.

"I already told you that I talked to him," he said referring to Two Bit. "Just trust me." He put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I sighed and looked at him with doubt but a hint of belief. He's right, I just had to trust him.

Two Bit didn't come home that night but was surprisingly here by morning. When I woke up, There were three bags of my clothes and stuff for travelling. I walked into the living room confused and saw breakfast on the table along with a note that read:

Dear Elle,

First of all, I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you. Eat this breakfast I made for you and get dressed. Meet me in the car with the bags I packed for you. I love you babydoll and don't forget it.

Your best bud,

Two Bit Mathews

I did as the note said and told Dallas and Austin I was going out but they already knew. Dallas kissed me goodbye as if I was going to be gone for a long period of time but I wasn't complaining.

When I went to say bye to Austin he smirked and said, "Told you so." I shook my head and kissed his forehead.

When I got outside, Two Bit's old truck looked good as knew. I figured Steve fixed it up for him. I dumped my pre-packed bags in the trunk and hopped in the backseat where Two Bit was waiting for me.

The passenger seat was wrecked. Tim Shepard had the idea of ripping the leather seat up with a key to get back at Dallas for slashing his tires.

Skye was in the driver's seat. "Hey, Skye," I greeted and she waved back. "Hey, Two Bit." He hadn't said anything yet. It was sort of hard to talk to him since we were in a fight. I knew he felt a bit awkward, too but I didn't care. It was my chance to get my best friend back.

"I miss you so much!" Two Bit exclaimed and put a strong arm around my shoulders. Golly, I missed having him beside me. I missed his smiling eyes. I missed his playful voice.

"I miss you, too! So where are we going?" I was curious as to why I had so much stuff packed and why only Skye, Two Bit, and me were the only ones going.

"Well, it's a surprise!" Skye laughed and started driving. I thought we were just going for an hour drive at the least but it took us almost six whole hours to get to where we were going. I had fell asleep in the second hour and woke up to Two Bit shaking me.

"We're here," he said tiredly. I wondered if he slept, too. I was too lazy to get up so Two Bit carried me out and I felt him set me on a bed. We were in a house. When he came back with all our bags, I got up and stretched out.

"Where in the almighty universe are we?" I yawned. Two Bit smiled and lead me to a door. When we stepped out, I was amazed by the view. I was standing on a balcony. We were in the country.

There were fields of wheat that were a pure gold, the air was so fresh and clean and different from our neighbourhood, and the sunset, oh glory, the sunset was amazing.

It was a bright, burning orange that touched the landscape. It radiated with such power that I was simply. . . breathless. . .

"Thank you Two Bit. . ." I said in a daze, still mesmerized and so was he. This was the most beautiful scene I've ever seen.

--------------------

Soooooo.... things are looking good!

Please check out my Outsiders Imagines and Preferences and request something! I need inspiration!

Spoiler: bonding time

Update: Sunday