Chapter 15

-Elle's POV-

"Elle? I'm your boyfriend....Johnny, remember? I love you...."

They were begging and begging me to remember. I felt so bad, they were bawling their eyes out getting frustrated. I gave in right away, I couldn't see my boys all upset.

"Guys! Relax I was kidding! Don't worry, I'm here. I'm okay." I weakly smiled at all of them, I still hurt real bad.

"Gosh Elle! That ain't funny..." Two Bit mumbled in a nasal tone. He wiped his tears away.

"Only Elle would tell a joke while everyone thinks she was dying. Only Elle..." Dallas said in a nasal tone also. They've oughta been crying a lot.

I pulled them all in for a hug and I told them about me being in spirit form. I asked Johnny if he remembered being spirits and he did! I wasn't imagining it.

A couple minutes later Darry came in followed by the rest of the gang. They all gave me individual hugs and I asked Darry, "What did the doctors do to me?"

"They gave you a heart transplant."

"Well that's weird! I have someone else's heart," I looked around the room, "Where's Soda?"

Everybody looked around also and Darry looked down, "Darry?"

"Don't you know who gave you the heart?"

We all gasped in unison. Pony's eyes filled with sadness and were flowing with tears. Darry laughed...?

"I'm just kidding guys, he went out."

We sighed in relief and Pony mumbled, "Darry that was the worst joke ever..."

"Haha Elle's got him beat! She pretended to have memory loss after the surgery." Two Bit giggled and died down at the thought of the joke.

Darry left to ask when I could leave. Steve and Two Bit were goofing off while Dallas, Johnny, and Pony had there own conversation leaving me twiddling my thumbs on the hospital bed. "We could leave whenever you want." Darry said as we walked in.

"Kay, Two Bit pass my clothes." He threw them at me and it landed on my face. I changed laying down in the bed because I was too lazy to get up. I put on my bartender uniform, I struggled a bit, but got it on.

Somebody cleared their throat and I looked up to see Pony blushing, Johnny smirking, Two Bit, Dallas, and Steve holding in their laughter, and Darry looking very uncomfortable. "What?" I asked.

"You kinda changed in front of us." Steve spoke up.

"Well if you knew I was changing why were you looking?" I smirked and everyone was silent. "Well are we going or not?"

When I got off the bed my knees literally buckled and I toppled to the ground face down. I stayed there a while, the floor was nice and cold. "Uhm, Elle?" Dallas laughed.

"Help?" I mumbled.

Dallas and Two bit helped me up and we headed for the door. When we got to the car we had to squish since it was a five seater and there were seven of us. Darry drove, Steve shotgun, Johnny, Dallas, Pony, and Two squished in the back, and me laying on top of them.

When we got to the Curtis house I took two aspirins then went straight to the couch and I was asleep even before my head hit the cushion.

-Sodas POV-

I left the hospital and went to the border of Soc and Greaser territory. I called up Bob and told him to come at his lonesome. We were gonna fight one-on-one. Fair and square. No chains or nothing, skin on skin.

The deal was if he loses then him and the Socs won't work for Elle's mom anymore. If I lose then they can continue their plan.

We went over the bet and the rules which were simple, first one to be unconscious or gives up loses.

The fight began. I made the first hit which made him stumble back a bit only to be followed by a right hook to my jaw. I kicked him in the stomach which made him lose air. While doubled over gasping for air I uppercutted him right on the nose making it bleed. He tried to punch me but it was sloppy giving me time to dodge.

After a few more hits he gave up and said he won't work for Elle's mom anymore. He raised his hand in defeat. All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in my side. I felt where it hurt and found a switchblade jammed into my side.

I stumbled my way to a pay phone to call Darry. When he picked up I was losing air but I managed to get out, "Soc...Greaser...border...help..."

Then my eyelids went heavy and the ground came rushing towards me. I flopped to the ground and blacked out, losing blood and air due to a knife stuck in my side. The last thing I said was, "Fucking Socs..."

-

(Edit: I just noticed how stupid I was. Elle just got a heart transplant and is ready to leave in approximately an hour...)