Chapter 10

-Soda's POV after the hospital-

I walked out of the hospital thinking about Elle. Dallas can't have her. But oh, they don't know. If Elle likes bad boys, I'll be the newest bad boy in town. I went to stores and stole some leather jackets, Kools, and booze. They won't even expect it. I have a brand new attitude and I'm gonna wear it tonight.

When I was walking home, I decided to hot wire a car since I'm gonna be the baddest bad boy around. I started driving to my house because it was getting late and I don't want to be all tired for my new appearance in front of everyone tomorrow. I started speeding and I was almost home but the fuzz ain't anywhere near this shitty neighbourhood.

-Elle's POV-

The next morning I woke up to the awfully loud phone ringing. "Hello?" my voice was really raspy but I liked the sound of it.

"Elle? Soda got arrested last night!"

"Dallas? What do you mean? What happened?"

"We don't know! Meet all of us at the police station in ten. We'll find out then."

"Alright." I hung up.

I was really curious to know what was happening so I woke up Two Bit by jumping, hugging, and giving him a kiss on the forehead. I didn't bother to take a shower so I just got changed into my high waisted jean shorts with pantyhose underneath and a tank top with tassels on the bottom. I threw on my leather jacket and Two Bit and I were ready to go.

We drove to the police station and got there right on time. We met with Darry who looked disappointed, Pony who was scared, Dallas who was Dallas, Steve who was angry, and Johnny who was just quiet and staring at me.

I walked over to Johnny and he intertwined his hand into mine. He was warm, real warm. We walked into the station; Darry, Steve, and Ponyboy first, Dallas and Two Bit second, and Johnny and I last. When we got in, Two and Dallas turned around and looked to Johnny. He didn't look scared which was surprising. "Don't break her heart or else!" Dallas whisper yelled through a smile.

"Congrats love birds!" Two Bit joked as always and both of them turned to catch up. I just turned to Johnny and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"You missed." Johnny smiled and pecked me on the lips.

We ran and caught up to the gang. Darry was talking to a lady at the desk and she said only one visitor and we all let Pony go because we knew that Soda meant everything to him. After a minute or two Pony came back with his head down. "He wants to see you," He looked up, "Elle."

I looked around and the lady at the desk allowed me to. I walked in and was led to Soda but it didn't look like the Soda I know. This guy had a leather jacket and a rude attitude. I picked up the phone and so did he. "What the hell happened?!"

"Thought about changing myself since you like bad boys and all." He smirked and left me in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I was so confused about what was happening.

"Oh don't play dumb, I know you and Dallas are a thing." He scoffed.

"You got it wrong. He's my best friend and if someone was going this far to win a stupid contest, then I would never ever pick them." I hung up the phone and realized what I had said, it really stung.

Soda slipped a couple tears and laid his head on the table in front of him. I then thought to myself how bitchy I am. Oh gosh is it that time? I don't have anything on me. I'll go to the store when we get home.

I walked out the door and told the gang everything. I also said that I feel bad for telling him off. They were surprised I knew about the contest between the three guys but they just shrugged it off. We drove back to the house and all sat at the table thinking about how we can bail Soda out. It costed 50 bucks and it would take me 5 pay checks. I get payed 17 cents an hour for both my jobs which is 2 dollars a day, 10 dollars a week. I actually get payed a nice amount of money but not like them Socs. Their minimum wage is probably 5 bucks an hour.

We put the money we could give together and we made 50 bucks combined. Darry was going to go drive to the police station and bail him out while I cook lunch. Dallas wanted to help so I let him.

I boiled the water and put the macaroni in while Dallas grated the cheese. I got out the jalapeños and started to dice them."Ooh what's that?" Dallas grabbed a jalapeño and took the biggest bite I've ever seen. He ran over to the sink screaming and fanning his mouth.

"Don't drink water, drink milk!" I tried not to laugh.

After his mouth cooled down he yelled, "What the hell!!! Elle, what is that?!"

"It's a jalapeño." I chuckled. I made the rue for the macaroni and cheese and started to combine the jalapeños, cheese, and macaroni together. When it was finished I called over the guys to come eat and get glasses of milk.

When we sat at the table Soda and Darry walked in, they both joined us for lunch. Everyone just kept quiet and ate their food occasionally drinking their milk except for Johnny he could handle spice, as can I.

When I was finished I got up to wash my plate and every time somebody finished they would come and put their dishes in the sink and said thanks to me.

I told the guys I had to go to the store and was about to leave when Dallas volunteered to come, along with Johnny. I kept refusing but they didn't take no for an answer.

When we got to the store I told both of them to grab milk for the cake. With them out of sight I grabbed pads and quickly tried to pay for it before the guys saw what I was buying. But this stupid old lady was so slow! How is she even working? She looks like she had to be retired 20 years ago!

The two guys spotted me and ran over to me. I was trying to stuff the pads into the plastic bag but the package dropped on the ground. Johnny picked it up and looked at it and quickly dropped it afterwards. I laughed because Johnny was more embarrassed then I was.

"Relax you guys, it's natural." Dallas chuckled at our awkward moment.

When we got home I went into the bathroom and changed into a pad. Afterwards, I washed my hands and tied up my hair. Soda volunteered to help me with the cake I just nodded and didn't say a word to him. I got the ingredients out and put them in the measuring tools while Soda put them in the bowl. I cracked the eggs in and Soda started mixing it. We put the cake in the oven and went back into the living room.

After about 30 minutes I went to the kitchen to check on the cake and literally fell to the ground in laughter. Everybody came rushing over to me but I was too busy laughing to talk. They were all staring at me like I was crazy as I was squirming and clutching my stomach. My nonstop laughter filled the air.

When I was finished my laughing fit, I told them the oven wasn't even on. Everyone started laughing, even Darry. I turned on the oven and we watched Mickey Mouse until the cake was done. I iced the cake and we all ate it and crashed at the Curtis house.