Fearless: Chapter 6

-Two Bit's POV-

"What do you mean mom?"

"I have to Two Bit! It's my new job! You can stay and watch Elle." I sighed and went to my room. My mom is going to Detroit for her new job and she's leaving me and Elle behind.

Better yet, she's leaving right now. I watched her car pull out of the driveway and she drove off without another word.

Just as I was about to go to the kitchen there was a knock on the door. It was the mailman. He gave me a letter that had my name on it.

Dear Soldier Mathews,

You have now been recruited to join the U.S army against the Vietnam. Please go to the same place you submit your registration and there you will find all the information. We are happy that you have been drafted. You have 24 hours until we leave to Washington, D.C.

Sincerely,

Captain Louis

I dropped to the couch reading it over and over again. I've been drafted. I've been drafted. I've been fucking drafted. Elle's going to be all alone. How was I supposed to tell her?

Just then the phone rang. It was Elle. "I need to tell you something." We both said at the same time.

"I got arrested." She said to me.

"Um... Mom moved and umm... I got drafted..." I mumbled. It was silent on the other end. I knew she was in shock and I needed to comfort her so I went straight to the police station.

The lady at the front desk showed me where Elle was. She was sitting still and her face was emotionless, "You can't leave me." Her voice was calm and nonchalant. Then tears started streaming down her face. "YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!" She screamed.

I was scared. People die in the war. I couldn't leave my Babydoll behind. But I didn't have a choice. "Don't forget about me. Okay, Babydoll? Okay, Elle? I love you so much. I promise I'll come back. I love you." I repeated.

My time was up and I left her in that waiting room. I left her all alone. Moms gone, I'm gone. She's tough. She'll be okay. She has the gang. She's gonna be okay. She's gonna be okay. She's not gonna be fucking okay.

Without saying goodbye to anyone, I flew off to D.C to prepare for war. Fucking war.

-Dally's POV-

Today was court day. Elle had to defend herself. I can't believe this is actually fucking happening. And where the hell is Two Bit? We were the only two coming and he's not here.

She was being asked questions.

"How old are you?"

"17."

"Why did you hit your mother?"

"She stabbed me and I almost died."

"Do you have the scar?"

"Yes."

"Can you please show us?"

She lifted her shirt but there was nothing there.

"I rest my case."

The judge said, "Elle Marie Greene will now be doing 2 months in prison." Then she did the gavel thing.

Stabbed? When did he get stabbed? The day we found her on the streets perfectly fine! How did she heal? How come there's no proof? I hate fucking questions!!!

The security guards were pushing her out of the court room in handcuffs. I followed her and she got two minutes to say goodbye.

"The day you found me was the night I got stabbed. I was close to death but Soda saved and healed me. Now I have no scar. That's why I'm alive. Two Bit got drafted and is going to war and mom moved. I have no one to live with and I'm still not able to live by myself. I'll see you after two months. Love you, Dallas." She kissed my cheek after her really fast speech. The guards dragged her out of the room.