Breathless: Chapter 13

We settled in the country house in no time. Everyone got their own little room. Darry, Pony, Steve, Austin, and Two Bit were on one side of the hall; and Austin, Aj, Johnny, and I were on the opposite wall.

Skye had her own room down in the basement. It was huge. Sometimes I would wake up and find someone laying next to me. Most of the times it was Austin but other times it was Pony, Two Bit, and even Aj.

Some rooms aren't slept in every night. Sometimes Aj sleeps next to Johnny and sometimes Austin sleeps with Two Bit. But there was one room that was never occupied at all. It was Dally's room.

Sometimes I sleep in his old t-shirts. It still smelt like him. I sat on the empty bed wishing he was here. Wondering what he was doing.

I had to let him go, though. I couldn't mourn over him for forever. Although I didn't want to, I had to move on. For Dallas, for Austin, and for myself. Stay strong, forever.

The gang absolutely loved this place. It reminded us of Aj's cottage we went to. It brought us close together and now since we're living here we'll be the best country family ever.

We still haven't changed, though. The guys still wore grease in their hair and I still wore denim and leather. We were greasers, we'd always be greasers. Just greasers living in the country.

We all bonded with each other so much. Working in the farm was tough work but it was fun when we did it together. We made money by selling crops and animal products. We also traded for food.

One day, we took a day off and decided to explore a bit. We went back to that leech river, making sure none of us falls in the water.

We crossed to the other side, taking turns getting a ride. Skye would come back for the others and drop them off until no one was left.

We walked through the forest and was amazed by the sight. A grand treehouse stood tall, held up by 4 trees. It was as big as the house.

There were different ways to get up. There was a rope pulley, a ladder, and a spiral staircase. We all ran towards it, eager to see the inside.

It was fully furnished. There was a openable roof, windows, a couch, and even a slide. It was the best treehouse I've ever seen.

This became our secret place. Our hideout. Or even our hangout. Although we were young adults, other than Austin, we had plenty of fun in this kids playground.

One time we were all there and the sun was setting. Pony had made us all sit and watch it. In the midst of it, Darry stood up with Skye's hand in his.

All of a sudden, he knelt down on one knee. My hands flew to my mouth, same with Skye. She was already crying.

"Skye, we've only know each other for a short period of time but I know I want this. I love you with all my heartens I've been waiting for this moment all my life. Would you make me the happiest man alive?" He pulled out a box with a diamond ring inside, "Will you marry me?"

At first she was speechless. She started nodding and screeched, "Yes, of course!" We all cheered for them. Steve did his wolf whistle and some of the guys were patting Darry on the back. He was smiling like crazy, something we never saw him do.

It was the perfect way to end a perfect day. That is until the wise guy Steve went and dipped his hand in the water. He got what he deserved. . .

When he got out of the water I pointed out the leech on his hand. He started screaming and ripped it off of him which was a terrible idea. Some of his skin came off. . .

---------------------

Yayyy and ewww

Spoiler: depressed :c

Update: Sunday c: