Chapter Eight: That's My Question Too, Jingo

Start from the beginning

I glanced up at him. "Okay?"

"Look, I just wanted to say thanks to you. That's all."

I steadily read the guy with the brown leather jacket once again. His expression is not readable and still there were many things saying his eyes. He said thanks to me. And I appreciate it. His eyes looked up and locked with mine, and this time, I didn't scowl.

The sea blue orbs were blank and all I could see there was confusion. The knot in my throat grew more that at a point, I felt like I was being suffocated. I couldn't look away even if I tried, instead they forced me to stare at them even more.

The bell rang loudly that ringed my ear and caught me completely off guard. I flicked my eyes from his to my filthy locker and back to Jayden.

"Um, yeah. You're welcome."

The smile came back to their way as he waved and sprinted to his class his bangs flying behind from his forehead. I stood there for some moments, proceeding what just happened a while ago before turning and rushing to my class, probably somewhat being crazy cause the smile of my face was obvious that I was.

***********************************************************************************************************

"What did you just do?" I snapped to my best friend whose face was horrified in disappointment and her eyes red as chili powder. She finished to tell me that she had told Tyler about how she felt for a long time about him and ended up in the bathroom, where I found her almost bulging out her eyes, crying and didn't attend in our P.E class.

Rosetta sniffed loudly and again let out some sobs.

We're sitting down outside the school building cause it's now lunch time and that isn't a problem if we even ditch but that won't be necessary because we just did it about a week ago and she doesn't know it.

"How could I know that he would reject me like this?"

Slapping my forehead, I hissed. "I fucking told you not to do this!"

She sighed and wiped her tears using her shirts sleeve. "I should've listened to you."

"You should've told that a long time ago. My God, Rose! What were you thinking?"

She sobbed again and I patted her back. "Okay. Shush now. We'll... we'll think of something, alright?"

Tyler rejected her. She asked him out before our P.E class and he just did. I want to smack him in the head and tell him that Rosetta wasn't just a normal person and she was an awesome girl and he'll be lucky to have her but I couldn't.

And at the same time, I want to smack Rosetta too. She could take some time for confessing. But she was that impatient. I told her she would be rejected like a garbage bag.

That's the result.

"Rose. Get up. Come on." I stood up as she did too, her body now shaking by all the crying she had done.

We walked inside our school building, she, shaking uncontrollably and me, holding her by her forearm. I hate to see her like this.

Rosetta Swift is the only girl I've been friends with since my high school freshman year and I think she is the one person who understands me like an open book. She is a beautiful girl who can do far more better than staying with a failure like me.

The first day of my high school freshman year wasn't like what I exactly thought it would be. In fact, it was just the opposite. Rosetta was a new girl in our school and she was the first person in the new students who got all the attentions of the girls and most of the students- guys. I was in my usual attire: an black hoodie and Adidas sweat pants.