Chapter 43: Acceptance

Start from the beginning

Gasper glanced back at Rias who sent him a smile and a nod. Slowly, Gasper turned back to Y/N.

"I-It's n-nice to meet you, too," He said but he didn't take Y/N's hand.

Y/N lowered his hand, not angry. He wasn't annoyed at Gasper for not shaking his hand. All he was doing was analysing him further.

Suddenly, Issei thrust his hands into his hair and yelled, "ARGHHH! I can't take it anymore! He's acting like a little girl!"

Y/N didn't know what to make of the outburst. He leaned in close to Rias who was still holding her Bishop.

"What's he going on about?" He whispered.

Rias shook her head at the novice that was her consultant. She too ignored Issei and turned back to the Reincarnated Devil.

"Gasper, let's go outside, okay?" Rias suggested.

Immediately, Gasper rapidly shook his head back and forth. "NO!"

Issei snapped out of his ranting when he heard Gasper argue with Rias. "Come on, Buchou's the one asking."

Issei grabbed Gasper's forearm which made the cross-dresser gasp. Suddenly, he screamed and disappeared out of sight, surprising almost half the people in the room.

Crying could be heard except it came from the other side of the room. Gasper was crying next to the wall. "Please, don't be mad at me."

"How...?" Issei was stumped. "He's fast."

"No..." Y/N began to understand. "We're just slow."

Rias smiled at his intuition. Y/N couldn't read social situations nor could he understand Issei's frustration with Gasper being a cross-dresser, but give him anything supernatural and he'll get it.

Y/N rose to his feet, looking back at Gasper and the coffin. "But how did you-"

"Forbidden Balor View," Akeno informed. "It's his Sacred Gear, dubbed the 'Evil Eye of the Inert World'."

Y/N couldn't suppress his intrigued smile. "Time control. Anything in his sights is frozen...giving him the illusion of superspeed," Y/N pieced together.

Y/N locked onto Gasper's eyes. "That's incredible."

Rias stood up. "Unfortunately, he can't control his powers. Sirzechs' decreed that he should stay in the room until he learns to hone his powers."

"What?" Y/N questioned. "Wouldn't it have been better to train him?"

"We tried that, but nothing good came out of it," Rias informed.

Y/N nodded and then noticed that Gasper was gone again. The others also noticed but Rias sighed as she had already spotted him.

In the corner was an upside down cardboard box that Gasper was hiding under.

"I don't want you to talk to me. I don't want attention!" He shouted.

Issei sighed with anger. He walked over to the box and stomped on it, making Y/N narrow his eyes in mild agitation.

"Geez, get out of there," Issei ordered as he kicked the box again.

Gasper proceeded to yell out as Issei tried to force him out of his hiding hole. Y/N watched them, not amused.

Akeno turned to Rias. "Buchou, it's almost time."

"Indeed," Rias addressed them. "Akeno and I have to attend the preliminary meeting for the leaders' summit. Yuuto. my brother would like to know more about your Balance Breaker. Come with me."