Chapter Sixteen: Discussions & Explanations Pt. 2

Once settled I took a drink of my water and I started on my next explanation. How do I go about explaining those two? I took a deep breath.

"I'm sure you remember me saying that it was a while before I saw Nash again? Well, about a year after I first met him I happened to be running an errand for his guild and went into town. Well, Nash has a skill for running into trouble. Lets just say he got into a magic fight, that I happened to sense and stumble onto.

Some normal saw him doing magic and of course the Magic Force had to step in. And that's who the idiot got into a magic fight with," I said rolling my eyes at the memory.

"I would've won that fight if the other one hadn't butted in," he muttered seriously. Yeah right.

"I obviously am not supposed to give away their identities, but since you already can guess it's the two that aren't here, that got called away," I said, "Anyways, when they all saw me they knew I was a Normal and kind of freaked out. Nash of course eventually recognized me and explained to the others that I was part of a guild so there was no reason to panic. He then punched me in the jaw pretty damn hard, saying that was payback for the punch I gave him. I mean I deserved it I guess.

The other two introduced themselves and said if I ever needed any legal help or help in general that I could call them. Luckily they only let Nash off with a warning and didn't arrest him," I said.

"So wait, what about the one who was with Ray on that train? Where does he fit in?" Lillyana asked. I looked at her calmly and said I was getting to that in a second.

"So Cody was with him then, huh? Damn," Nash muttered to himself, then said, "No need to explain, Tyrian, I can. You see Cody was my brother and Ray was his boyfriend. Cody left our guild to join his so he could be with him, I didn't like Ray because of that. It's not that I wanted the guy to die or to break my brother's heart, just that I wanted to make sure he was strong enough to protect Cody. Anyways, Tyrian met Cody through the both of us."

"Softy," I teased Nash and he turned red, not in embarrassment, but because I made him mad.

"Who you calling a softy, huh? You wanna fight?" He muttered. I laughed and waved him off saying maybe later. I then got back to business and got serious again.

"Right, that just leaves Max and Theo right?" Diana asked.

"Before I can explain that I have to explain Shay," I mumbled and Max gasped slightly. He knew how hard this was for me and I had told him I wouldn't say anything. So why have I decided all the sudden to do so? Was it because they all stayed, even Dustin? "Shay was a normal like me, but also belonged to a guild. He was a weapons and fighting enthusiast, a collector too.

I met him on another one of my errands for a guild Captain sent me to. I was supposed to pick up some weapons he had. As he prepared them he couldn't stop talking, I found it really interesting so I asked him if I could hang out with him sometime and learn more. He agreed and every night I was there I went by his place. I learned a lot about fighting from him, but never actually applied them.

I met Max through him about a week later when Max took an interest in the same way I did. Since Max was an animal tamer he wanted to learn more about weapons and fighting.

He managed to put the knowledge he gained into practice, training with his animals. Even offered to let me try, but I declined because if I had accidently hurt one of them I was sure he'd kill me or have them eat me," I said and he glared saying I was right about that. Max can be scary sometimes.

"We met Theo later on, while I was training in the woods with Nala. The other two were watching since Shay couldn't actually fight and Tyrian didn't want to accidently hurt anyone. Theo, carrying a sword stumbled upon us and -" Theo cut him off.

"A - Actually I found out what they were up to and I went to ask if they'd teach me and spar with me. You see, the guild we belong to refused to teach someone like me how to fight and said I should be a doctor, study, or cook instead. But - but I wanted to use a sword because that is what my father and mother both used. Sure I had my magic abilities, but because both my parents have two different abilities, mine are kind of weak," she said. I nodded and smiled at her encouragingly.

"We obviously agreed to help her too and it paid off because she's one of the best sword fighters at our guild, even puts me to shame because she's so small and quick on her feet," Max said patting her head and she swatted his hand away.

"Anyways, a year ago our friend Shay called me saying he found a rare magical sword and asked me to come see it. Three days later, he was tortured to death by someone looking for that sword," I said trying to hold back my anger and tears at the same time.

"Easy, Tyrian," Max mumbled and Theo stood, probably wanting to come over to me. "He was a really dear friend to the three of us, we took his death pretty hard. But we do know for a fact that Shay entrusted that sword to a reliable person before he was killed so at least it is safe and Shay didn't die for nothing,' Max added.

"He's right, and I'm the one he entrusted it to. Just another reason I've been trying so hard to get stronger. To protect what my friend died to protect. I tried really hard to distance myself from being tied to Shay so no one would ever find out where the sword is, but - but I promised you guys I'd tell you everything. And now probably put you all in more danger than before. It's why I said what is said in here stays between us," I said.

"Shay Sanderson," Captain mumbled, "So it was all true. His death was discussed quite a bit at last year's Guilds Meeting. There were a lot of rumors, but no evidence of who had done it was ever found."

"That's right, it was one of the most brutal murders in this era," Master said.

"That's taking it lightly. There was so much blood and he was so unrecognizable it was -" I muttered and looked away. Lillyana gasped as well as Captain.

"Don't tell me - you-" Max cut her off and told her he and I both found the body.

"Doesn't matter now. Now you all know my recent history and how each of you met me," I said, trying to calm my boiling anger. I didn't mean to get so damned worked up. "Anyways, Master, I have been holding back a bit in our training lessons. You see I may not have used any of what Shay taught me, but I did practice often swinging a sword and building up my strength. I just didn't want to over do it, especially not with the Dark Guild's threat and the evacuation looming over us.

Which brings me to the main reason why I asked you all to come here tonight. I - I wanted to ask you something important," I said and Captain stood to hand out the consent forms.