Chapter Fourty: Enemies

He was definitely getting pissed he couldn't hit me by now. I'm still not sure what his power is exactly. Is he compressing the air and shooting it out ward, like some kind of air cannon? Or is he using some other ability? I wish I knew, taking him down might be a lot easier if I could just figure it out.

"You should quite struggling, Kid. You're only prolonging the inevitable. Your going to die anyway so why not stop jumping around in futility," he said.

"You're awfully cocky for someone who can't seem to aim very well," I mumbled. Provoking him will do one of two things, make him angry enough to get sloppy or he'll try to prove me wrong and start aiming better. I'm obviously hoping for the first scenario, but the second one could leave me openings too. If he takes his time to aim properly then I might be able to use that, but scenario one would be less painful for me.

It turned out scenario one was the ultimate outcome and using an opening between his attacks I felt my sword cut into his arm. As we faced each other again his left arm hung limp at his side. He looked even angrier and held his good arm out, sword towards me again. A wounded animal trapped in a corner, that's what the look on his face reminded me of.

Apologizing I made my next move and sliced my sword across his chest. Shock took over his expression as he hit the ground. I wiped the blood from my face and flung it off my sword as well. I can't feel bad about taking his life right now, I have to keep moving.

It didn't seem like there were too many people out this way so I headed back towards the Guild. They really weren't going after the civilians so the main fighting had to be at the guild.

When I got there I froze. There was so much blood everywhere and there were so many people fighting. With them all covered in blood it was hard to tell who was winning. On that note it was a little hard to tell who was who.

"That's enough of this! You know why we're here so just hand over the sword we came for and we'll be on our merry way," A man called out, from on top of one of the buildings. Both sides stopped and looked up at him. As my gaze followed theirs up, I saw it. He had Lana in his grasp and held a knife to her throat.

"Let her go she isn't a part of this fight! We don't know what sword you are talking about. It isn't here," a guy called out, I think he's one of the other healers here, or was he a plant user? I can't really remember.

"Oh, but my spys told me otherwise. Granted one decided to betray me, but the other one gave me a rather interesting name. A name that piqued my interest quite a bit. You see he's a so called normal boy, T-" He was cut off by Dustin charging at him.

Something weird happened. I know Dustin was using his full powers yet the guy caught his fist and his power vanished as if he stopped using it at the last second. Could this guy - could he have the ability to stop other people's powers?

"My what a defiant traitor," he said and kicked Dustin in the stomach hard. As Dustin hit the ground he told his men to restrain him. "Well, perhaps this will draw the man I'm looking for out. I really want to see the look on his face when he sees his girlfriend in such a state," the man said and my breath caught. He doesn't mean he had Lilliana does he? Lana disappeared (teleported?) and Lilliana appeared in her place. She was beaten up pretty badly, but she was still alive.

May anger was starting to boil over and I tightened my grip on my sword. I held myself from attacking when I saw all my friends, Captain, and Master all move through the crowd to the front.

"Tyrian! We'll take care of these lackeys and get Lilliana, You make that bastard pay," Max called out. How do they even know I made it here? I held back my anger, I had to trust in them to handle the others. I'm probably the only one who can fight that bastard. Since powers don't seem to work on him.