Chapter Five: A Rivalry

He smirked again and shrugged. As he took another step closer I took a step back. Last time he came around here things got ugly, for me. A deep hate filled laugh slipped from his mouth.

"Oh look you are still afraid of me, I was begining to wonder if this would be any fun. Looks like it will, unless you want to go run to the Captain like the coward I know you are," he said. Like hell I will, I'm not the same helpless kid I was back then.

"Seriously, Dustin back off. We don't need to be fighting right now, not with everything that's going on. The guild needs us both," I said and took a defensive fighting stance. He laughed again, saying the guild would be fine with or with out me in it, since I was useless. "I know that, okay. You think I wanted to lose my parents and be forced to live like this? I didn't ask for this," I said.

"Then let me put you out of your pathetic misery," He muttered and came at me fast. I just barelly managed to dodge his fist. Too close. Last time he drew his powers on me and hit me, it took weeks for our healers to repair the damage he caused to my body.

If Captain hadn't stopped him the last time I very well may not be here today. Dustin has a unique distructive ability that goes through whatever object it hits and tears it apart from the inside at the weekest points. So say if he punched my arm he could easily shatter my bones and in fact he had done that very thing to me last time.

But just as most magic abilities using it takes its toll on the user. Most abilities sap the users energy, but some can hurt the user if they over extend a certain limit. I'm not exactly sure which he falls under though.

He came at me again and I dodged it again. He laughed and told me to stop dodging and stand still. Like I'd be dumb enough to just let him hit me. Sure I was weak and couldn't fight back much before, but I know a lot more now. Just like with Master he underestimates me.

As he continued to attack with a barrage of punches I dodged them and the ones I did take I made sure he'd hit nonvital areas. As I dodged again he managed to grab me and throw me down the hall. I slid to a stop and got back up knowing he had to be right behind me.

Hearing the noises, I'm sure, a few people appeared at the end of the hall. I barely dodged his next attack as I got partially distracted by the spectaters. That was again way too close for comfort.

"Dustin, stop. You'll kill him!" One of the girls from the small group yelled out. He asked her if she wanted to join me and if not she should shut up. I told him to leave her out of this, it was between him and me, no one else.

I'm not even sure what started this between us, he came after me one day and has been trying to kill me since. I doubt asking him would matter, he wouldn't tell me anyways, plus if it was over something stupid I don't think I'd want to know. I just pass it as a genuine grudge and thats all I need to know. Weather he just doesn't like me or isn't happy that the guild took me in or if it even had something to do with my parents, doesn't matter to me. All I know is he has a grudge and wants me gone. If only he knew that I was already planning on getting out of his life.

He came at me again and I dodged. Out of frustration, as I dodged his fist, he shot out his leg taking my legs out from under me. Before he could make another move I kicked his knee hard and he hit the ground.

"Are we done here?" I asked. He just glared at me and I stood up offering him my hand. I had really nothing against him, but he had started it. He smacked my hand away and got up.

"For now, but one day I will kill you, that is a promise," he muttered and limped off, no doubt heading to a healer. I leaned against the wall holding my broken arm. Well I better go see Lana to help me.

"That was stupid getting involved with him like that," the same girl from before said. I just rolled my eyes at her. "I'm serious, Tyrian," she muttered.

"Like I chose to get into a fight with him, he came after me, not the other way around," I replied then left to go find Lana. When I found her she was with a group of people. I asked if she had a moment to talk. Nodding but clearly confused she followed me out of the room. "I hate to ask this of you, Lana, but well could you possibly look at my arm?" I asked. She studdied me and then had me take my jacket off.

"He attacked you again didn't he? Your lucky he only hit a couple bones this time," she mumbled. I nodded.

"I know, I made sure of it. I wasn't going through that agian, plus I don't have the time right now to be out of commission for weeks," I mumbled. She nodded and rest her hands gently on my arm. Warm light radiated from her hands and I felt my injuries start to heal. It was rather painful as my bones moved back together, but I clenched my teeth to keep from yelling out.

"You have to be more careful, Tyrian. There is only so much healing magic can do. If he gets any of your organs or vital areas, we won't be able to heal you and you'll die," she said. I nodded, I know that. After thanking her for healing me I left to go back to my room.

When I reached my room and saw Captain there I sighed. He looked up at my approach and nodded to me, then he went on to explain that he was able to confirm all of my friends on the list were free to come and that he heard about Dustin. Captain apologized for it, he hadn't been made aware Dustin was back and if he had he would've kept us apart. I told him it was resolved for the moment. He nodded and then set off probably to his office. I pulled out my phone and started making my calls.

Of course I couldn't tell them right out what was going on so I had to come up with something else. But what would I say?

Just say I have a mission and need there help and that I will explain once they're all here? No, I never get missions, that would be suspicious. As smart as some of them are they'd know something major is happening if I started getting missions.

Well I'll have to just tell them that I need them here and will explain once they are here. It's not super detailed, but enough, I hope, to get them here. I started making my ten calls.

Once I was done I sighed. Well some of those went well, but Amber and Theo were a little harder. They tried to back out by saying they were busy with missions, to which I confirmed I knew was not the case. They eventually gave in and said they'd be here in a few days time. This will not work without them.

Once done with all my calls I debated on going to Dinner. I really didn't need to run into Him again. My blood boils just thinking of that fight earlier. I'm powerless against him, not to even mention I can't even defend myself or fight back. All I could do was avoid him and get in an extremely lucky shot.

My decision was made for me when Noxos came to get me, saying the others were waiting for us to join them.