strained calls

Sonic slept like an angel going all through the day, he didn't wake up until 2 and that was due to a call.

Rest was something the hedgehog probably needed because he felt way better than before.

The ringtone of his phone played under his pillow making him yawn and slide his hand underneath. He checked who called him, an unknown number, but he was curious so he picked up setting it to his ear slowly sitting up.

"Hello?"

"Hello miss, We've got some good news! Your number was entered into a raffle and you're the winner of a big prize!!" That voice. Sonic's heard it before but he couldn't pick up on who it belonged to.

"What i win?" Sonic asked playing along.

"Absolutely nothing!" The caller answerd. "But i won your IP address so now I'm gonna track you down, kidnap you, and sell your kidneys on the black market!"

"Wh-" Sonic Thought this was some sort of sick joke and it was. It took him mere seconds for him to realize this 'scammer' was just a friend. "Shadow!"

"Hey hottie thottie, took you a while to figure who i was." Shadow chuckled. "I'm so glad i get to hear your voice again."

Sonic giggled the blush off that came on his face and ears. He started to remember the events from last night bit by bit, and that event and in the bathroom stall.. Oh.

"Yeah how could i forget, You're the dude that almost raped me!" Sonic joked.

"I thought you had a rape fetish, sucker." Shadow laughed. "But really, I'm sorry about that i promise you I'm not that kind of guy."

"Oooh, so you're not like other boys? You're a big alpha male?"

"Hell yes."

"Mm, i might want you to dominate me."

"I'll do anything to make my lady feel like a queen!"

The two continued to talk and joke around, Sonic laughing at almost everything Shadow said thinking he was such a funny guy, Shadow doing the same.

"So, why exactly did you call me?" Sonic asked 5 hours into their conversation.

"Well i just wanted to see if the number you gave me was actually you." Shadow said. "But i was also wondering when you were free."

"Free? Shadow im only with you for the money and sex." The azure joked.

"No i mean-"

"Yeah, i know what you mean." Sonic laughed. ''Why?" 

"I wanna take you out, get to know you better." Was Shadow's responce, if that wasn't already obvious.

"Well.. I'm kinda sick today. I can call you tommarow and see if I'm feeling all better." Sonic answered. He liked the sound of having a date with Shadow, he had a good time with him at the bar yesterday and he did want to know him better and become his best friend maybe.

"Oh no is my little princess sick? I can make you some chicken noodle soup and tea, see if that helps."

Sonic softly laughed at Shadow's words, he knew he was only joking but the thought of the other making him soup in an attempt to make him feel better sounded sweet.

"Nah I'm good, i can manage don't worry."

"Okay, i tried. I hope you feel better Sonette."

At the noise of that name, Sonic cringed. He felt like a lier telling him his name was something different than what it really was. It was obvious Shadow was slowly falling for her but maybe.. he was joking. Sonic was hoping he was joking, the thought of Shadow falling for a fake made him feel guilty.

"Shadow, my name isn't Sonette it's-" he was about to confess right then and there but something stopped him, he didn't know what but his self conscious was telling him to keep the act up.

"... what is then?" Shadow was confused.

"BigDaddy69! From now on call me Bigdaddy69, okay? Okay." Sonic was quick to hang up after that without even a goodbye.

When he set his phone down, Sonic noticed his palms were sweating.