Chapter 8 | Quiet

*Alex's POV*

"Ryan." I shake the younger boy and he bolts upright on the couch wide eyed.

Taking that chance I tie a cloth around his head, effectively silencing the boy. Before quickly tying another cloth around his wrists. The sunlight had just started to peak over the oceans water, and I wanted to move when we could before anyone would see us.

"Stay quiet." I instruct.

The brunette whimpers slightly as I open the door and I kick him. I watch the tears well up and over but I keep pushing him to a part of the boat they'd less likely find us.

*Jack's POV*

"I thought maybe just maybe we'd see him here." I admit shakily as I dig my face into Andy's kneck.

It had been two days since Rye went missing. And for the fact that we were on a goddamn boat, that was a long time.

Andy continues to trace my back with his fingertips. Cutting down on the physical aspect of keeping me calm as we were now in a huge gymnasium with hundreds of other people. I couldn't sit still though. Having to be pulled down to a sitting position again and again by the other boys so I wasn't constantly making us have to be watched.

"Jack?" I whip my head up to see an officer.

"Yes sir?" I answer shakily.

"We need to speak with you."

I nod now, standing up. But Andy holds me back. I turn to him, seeing fear in his eyes.

"I'll be ok." I comfort the blonde as Brook and Sonny hold him to them, both placing soft kisses to his skin.

"Your boyfriend Rye disappeared correct?" The officer asks as we set down at a table in an empty room.

"Yes sir." I answer, my entire body trembling.

"You're safe son. Don't worry."

I nod now, wanting him to just continue.

"We did some research and found that he was part of the Midnight Man case a little over a year ago." I go to defend him but the officer stops me. "I know it was not him. Now we looked into some more recent news, to find that Alex Camo had escaped from prison."

My entire body goes numb at this and my eyes started to welling with tears.

"I-I..." I began to panic.

"We looked through guest info last night." The officer begins again.

"He's here. Isn't he?"

"After looking through camera footage. We confirmed it was him with the police back on land."

I can't breathe, can't even hear the officer trying to speak to me anymore. Coming to slightly, curled up on Andy's lap. Fingers trailing through my hair.

When I come to again, it's dark and everyone is asleep. Except Andy who was watching me intently. Kissing my lips softly, burying my head into his chest as we part.

"They've switch on their emergency system cameras. So they can find them in areas that the cameras weren't on before." Andy explains softly.

"What if he's dead already?" I whimper.

"From what the officer said. Alex has been playing a bit of hide & seek with them. The officers caught their original spot. Confirmed by a chair set up to send electrical pulses through a body."

"He's hurting him again." I whisper basically to myself.

My hands trembling and I grip to the front of Andy's shirt. He pulls me in closer and I feel arms go around my waist. A face nuzzling the back of my neck. Relaxing, knowing I'm surrounded.

"Sleep." Brook's sleepy voice mumbles, hot breath tickling my neck.

Falling silent I just stare blankly at Andy's clothed chest. Knowing I wasn't falling asleep anytime soon.

They're getting closer and closer!! Hopefully Rye is back with Jack soon. Don't forget character Q&A tonight! Also Sonny doesn't have any questions yet! If there's anything about him your curious about go ask! Peace and love, see you on the stupid side x