Chapter 2 | Progress

*Rye's POV*

"Now what do you see here." Alex asks, forcing me to look at the screen.

I gag making Alex roll his eyes and grab a bin. I puke so hard that tears begin to form.

"Say it." Alex taunts once I've emptied my stomach of all its contents.

"One of my victims." I rasp out, throat raw from the stomach acid.

"Good boy. Now. What happened to your college roommate again?"

"Committed suicide."

I flinch before the jolt of electricity even hits. Muscles spasming as I yell out in pain. Tears pouring and body trembling as the jolt stops.

"What happened to your college roommate?"

"I k-killed him. After he raped me." I state now, my entire body numbed.

When I look down I grimace. A wet stain formed on the front of my joggers.

"Awe poor little Ryan. Can't even control his bladder from a little jolt of electricity. Well maybe," Alex gets up in my face. "if you would just cooperate you wouldn't have this issue."

A bigger jolt goes through me and everything goes dark.

"Rye! Rye! RYAN!"

I gasp, bolting upright in bed. Jack looking at me as if he'd seen a ghost. That's when I break, tears pouring. My entire body trembling.

"Shhhh, baby I've got you." Jack whispers as he holds me, rocking us back and forth.

"I'm sorry." I mumble after a while.

The room is quiet and I had stopped crying, just a few sniffles here and there.

"Nothing to be sorry for. You've been having these for a while now. They aren't your fault. Do you want me to phone Dr. Lowell?" Jack soothes, wiping away the fresh tears that are silently falling from my eyes.

"Please." I whisper, not looking up to Jack.

Finally he pulls away and grabs his phone. After a few clicks he puts it up to his ear, waiting for an answer.

"Morning Dr. Lowell. Sorry to bother you at," Jack pauses, pulling his phone from his hear to look at the time. "Two am."

I almost flinch at the time he says. Slowly sliding my hand up Jack's bare chest to his neck. Lightly rubbing my thumb up and down the length of his neck.

"Yeah, he had a nightmare again." Jack says, and I can hear the tiredness behind his voice.

There's a few minute pause before Jack begins to speak again.

"Here he is."

Jack hands me the phone and I set up, slipping out from underneath the covers and out onto the balcony to talk to Dr. Lowell.

*Jack's POV*

I feel cold as Rye leaves the bed. Holding myself back from reaching for him as he slips from my grasp. I know he's having a hard time. I just wish he would let me help. It's been the most frustrating thing, not knowing what was going on inside his head constantly.

I'm half asleep when he finally slips back into bed. Taking in a quick breath when I feel Rye's lips meet mine. His hand caressing my cheek. This was knew. Normally he wouldn't even come near me after a nightmare. Rye rests his forehead against mine as we separate.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask cautiously.

"It was a flashback." He mumbles sleepily now.

Progress. We were making progress.

"What happened?"

"Was tied up and connected to the machine." Rye yawns, his body shuddering as he cuddles into me further. "He was showing me pictures. Every time I would say the truth he would shock-k me."

I open my eyes to see Rye's. Red rimmed and teared stained. His bottom lip quivering as he holds back his tears as best he can.

"Hey, shhh baby boy. Let it out." I soothe.

Rye letting out a harsh breath as the tears spill quickly. Almost as if he had been waiting for an okay to let his emotions loose.

"I'm-I'm a fucking mess. It's been a goddamn year." Rye sobs, voice cracking harshly.

"Ryan. That does not mean that those memories are just going to go away. It's going to take time. That's why I think this cruise would be a great idea." I say, running my fingers through his hair in an attempt to calm him.

"Do you really think so?"

"Get your mind off of things. Spend time in the pool and hot tub. Take jacuzzi baths together." I tease making him roll his eyes and laugh wetly. "Go to concerts on the boat. Go to clubs on the boat. Get drunk. Have some great drunk sex."

Both of us starting to laugh.

"It's great to see you smiling again baby." I whisper now, kissing his lips softly.

"Doc says I don't have to go in tomorrow." Rye mumbles, speaking again after a few beats of silence. "I love you." Rye yawns out, eyes drooping dramatically.

"I love you to the moon and back."

Surprise? Hope you enjoyed! Really excited for you all to see what's in store! Peace and love, see you on the stupid side x