27: Surprise, Surprise!

"Oh shit, you're bleeding." Cade said as he positioned himself out of her, his now semi hard cock hanging satisfied between his legs. The condom was smeared with a bit of red tinge. "Congrats, you've officially started my period." Jenna said sarcastically feeling a pressure in her womb. "That explains why it kind of hurt." She said moving to go into the restroom.

Cade followed behind her as he removed the condom, making sure not to make a mess with it filled as well. "I just thought I was doing you nice and hard." He said laughing at himself and Jenna turned the shower on before stopping to give him an unamused look. "So he thinks." She said jokingly.

"Hey, you weren't complaining, if I recall you said 'don't sto-" Jenna stopped him as her face burned. He laughed, throwing the used condom into the trash as he moved under the spray of the shower. "Who would have thought my little princess was such a dirty talker in bed."

"Yeah, if you want to keep having sex, I would stop right there." She told him following after him. "On the bright side at least it means I'm not pregnant." She smiled at him as she grabbed shampoo to put into his scalp, using her fingers to massage his head as he looked so pleased. He nodded his head looking down at her not bringing up how he enjoyed it so much that she scrubbed shampoo on his head. He's never had any female-aside from his mother- do that to him and it was soothing. He didn't think that she noticed it but he wasn't planning on bringing it up to her.

"Are you ok? Can you still have sex while on your period?" He asked her and Jenna gave him a look that he was sure meant, "Really?"

***
"Hi honey, get ready. Maribelle Giovanni wants to have lunch." Esmeralda said as she placed her keys on the counter of the kitchen island and Jenna glanced at Cade before looking at her mom. She was writing a report for one of her classes and made a face. "One, why do you keep showing up and two, why? She has not once spoken to either of us." Jenna said.

"I have keys darling and who do you think bought the house. And well, she is Mrs. Giovanni." She said, her newly manicured nails clacked on the countertop. "That doesn't make her my mother-in-law. I just think it's weird." She said putting the finishing touches on the report before turning the assignment in. Cade have been helping her with some of her classes and he was a very intelligent guy which she knew was why he did a lot of work from home. He'd have his routine of doing his morning regime in their gym that he and the guards used, insist on cooking breakfast for everyone including the housekeepers, doing work for a few hours, help Jenna with homework, and then finally they would hang out before bed.

Luckily Cade was in the office doing remote work with a client and he wasn't here to know that she was being forced to go to some luncheon with a woman who was a virtual stranger on top of her always looking down the bridge of her nose at her. "Do we really have to?" Jenna asked muttering pathetically.

"Yes. We are still aligned with them from your marriage." She told her and Jenna huffed before rolling her eyes. "I don't know why she wants to, it's not like she even talks to Cade." She said as she moved up from the chair to change into clothes.

Jenna was changed thirty minutes later with a plain white cropped t-shirt and high waist jeans and tennis shoes. Her mother raised a brow at her outfit but didn't say anything as she probably knew she was going for a casual chic look. They were escorted to the restaurant that the Giovanni's liked to run their business out of and found it awkward when seeing Marabelle.

Her dyed blonde hair was perfectly in shape, makeup on fleek, nails on point, and clothing classy. If anything she looked like a more poised and prim version of her mom. Jenna could say that the older woman was pretty but her mom was definitely younger and more innocent like. "Hello! I'm so glad to be able to have lunch with you two." She said looking at the pair but also past them. "My, so many guards." She whispered as she placed a fake kiss on their cheeks.

Jenna mentally rolled her eyes and gagged as they were led to a back room that was for private parties. There was already food being served as they took their seats and Jenna was hungry so she was at least happy for that. She let her mom do all the talking as they chit chatted about the niceties and business. Jenna stopped paying attention as she took a sip of the wine that was being served. "How is married life treating you? Is that boy treating you well?" Marabelle asked and she was pulled out of her daydreaming that she was having and put her wine glass down.

"Oh yes, Cade is great and wonderful." She answered as she stuffed food into her mouth so she made it not so obvious that she really didn't feel like conversing with the woman. "Have you both started on children yet?" She asked and Jenna almost choked on her food. "I'm sorry?"

Marabelle laughed, a sound that was almost reminiscent to an antagonist's laugh if they were in some movie. "Uhm, not right now." She answered feeling awkward to the max as she couldn't help but attempt to hide a yawn. Jenna blinked back tears as she covered her mouth and whispered, "Excuse me."

"Those things are contagious." Marabelle said as she yawned as well and so did her mother. They laughed as they conversed but Jenna very lightly shook her head as she stopped eating and decided it was time to move onto dessert. "More wine?" Marabelle asked as she topped off Jenna's glass once more as she nodded. The wine they were drinking was delicious and she wouldn't mind having another glass. "Actually, try this one. It pairs well with dessert." She said getting her another glass."Thank you."

They continued talking as Jenna felt super tired. She yawned once more and saw that her mom had noticed. "Are you okay sweetie?" She asked looking slightly concerned. "Yeah, I'm fine. I think my fatigue is just catching up with me." She told her mom and took another bite of the her dessert. "Mom, I'm really tired." Jenna said as she moved but felt her body become weak. She was starting to see two as her mom made a face as well.

There was a commotion in the background as Jenna registered voices and then she started to hear sporadic popping sounds as a scream filled the air. "Mom?!" Jenna called out but her voice was so far away as she could see that her mom was moving in slow motion or it was just her.

Marabelle's eyes closed as her head nodded back and forth before she dropped her head onto the table and Jenna wanted to reach out to her but her arms didn't seem to be moving. She moved her head to her right as her mom seemed to be going in and out as well but she was trying to say something to her that she wasn't catching. More popping sounds were in the background as voices started to blur and mix.

Jenna could see as the guards that were coming towards them to shield them had their guns out as they were talking into their mics. Jenna felt something wet fly on her as the guard who was trying to lift her fall from her and she realized briefly that he was shot. She looked down at herself very slowly seeing blood splatter on her t-shirt. "Mooooooommmm." Jenna said, her words emphasizing the word and could see a guard lifting a very drugged Esmeralda.

They had been drugged and now there was a shootout happening. Jenna tried to move from her spot but she fell as white spots danced in her vision and her head swam even more. She fell on the fallen guard, her eyes making contact with his dead, motionless eyes. She wanted to scream but nothing came out as she fell backwards and at that moment, she could no longer move as she had no strength within her before she lost consciousness, letting the sleep overtake her.

***

Cade got up from his chair as the detail was relaying messages on his cell and the text alerts were going off. "Fucking shit. Not this again." he cursed as he moved and grabbed the keys to his vehicle, his heart in his throat. He didn't know what was happening but all he knew was that they had lost some of their men.

"I'm on my way." Lazarus said into the phone as Cade rang him and he could hear the dead tone in the man as he was literally running out the door. "I swear, if this is the Giovanni's, you may need to end all truce with them." Cade said as he started the car. "I promised your daughter I would let my vengeance go but if anyone of them brings her harm, I will take them out myself." He said again and Lazarus didn't say anything until he said," My daughter and wife is there. I understand how you're feeling but keep a cool head." He told him and Cade wanted to throw the phone as he hit a red light.

He couldn't get there fast enough as he was ready to run it but he knew he couldn't do that without either injuring himself or others. He just hoped that when he got to the restaurant that Jenna and Esmeralda would be okay.