19: Changes

They had spent the rest of their honeymoon in Italy. Both the countryside and the city. She had found out that his actual name was Cadeon O'Donnell but he went with the alias Cade Giovanni to be recognized as one. For work, he used his former name and he explained how it helped with his security clearance. "You live like a double life?" She asked him on the plane ride back to the states and he raised a brow. "How so?" He asked her.

"I mean, you basically live a lie?" She asked him and he shook his head. "I'm a contractor, I just sometimes work for the government but doesn't mean I'm part of the government. I haven't done anything wrong yet. Plus, your father has a lot-and I mean a lot- of contacts. You don't think he has people in Homeland Security?" He said and Jenna really wondered to what extent her father's connection and power really extended.

"I don't live a lie. I have two separate ones that sometimes intertwine." He said jokingly but Jenna didn't find it all too funny. She turned in her seat and played with her ring as she twirled it and pushed the bands back and forth on her finger. "Stop it." He said as he grabbed her hand.

She looked at him and they never got to talk about the argument that they had before but she knew that if they were to bring it up again so soon, they might just not talk to each other for the rest of the ride and that would be hours. "If you keep doing that, I'm going to cuff your wrist to the seat so that you can't move it." He said and Jenna blushed as her eyes widened.

"You would like that wouldn't you, you freak. You're into that kinky stuff aren't you?" She whispered as she thought about the last few times that they had sex that he had bound her wrists more than once and they have used a variety of things to. He laughed loud as he pushed his glasses up his nose. "Don't knock it until you try it." He said as he continued to work on his laptop.

***

Jenna was half asleep when they arrived at the airport and she was jet lagged from the long flight. Her body moved on autopilot as they went through customs and she didn't think twice as they both got into Cade's BMW and she placed her head on the window. It was late afternoon and the sun was beginning to set but she was so exhausted. She didn't notice that they passed the direction to the estate. It wasn't until he pulled into a decent sized driveway and stopped in front a nice mansion that Jenna looked at him.

"Where are we?" She asked him as she popped her head up, dreading whether or not he took them to the Giovanni home. But she knew that they would have more security and people. She also didn't think they would be visiting anyone this soon after coming back from their trip.

"C'mon." He said as he went around to open her door. She yawned as she exited and let him take her hand as he led them to the front door. He unlocked the door as he pushed it open to welcome them into a semi empty home. "No..." Jenna breathed as she peeked inside without taking a step in. He turned to look at her and then held his arms out.

Jenna walked towards him peeking in. He grabbed her by the back of the knee and under her arm as he lifted her and she squealed. "What are you doing?" She asked him. He glanced at her as she hooked her arm around his neck and he smiled. "Home Sweet Home." He said as he walked through the front door and into the mansion.

She gasped as the interior was more intricate than she would have thought. He put her down on the threshold so that she could look around. "How?" She asked as she started to move to take in her new surroundings. "Your dad has gifted the mansion to us. With some rules of course. But you don't have to worry about your family bothering us." He said as he led her through the rooms. "Are you punking me?" She asked breathlessly.

"We agreed to some rules and I'm upholding my end. Like I said, there will be some ground rules to not having to live with your parents, but for the most part, you should be happy with the arrangements." He said as he passed her a catalog.

"How bad is it?" She asked, touching the kitchen counters that were a white granite and it was massive with all new appliances. She had an oven that was on top of the other. So many cabinets and a impressive fridge. "We will have about two caretakers, one groundskeeper, a security team and surveillance. Most of it will be outdoors but there will be one in the doorway and the garage." He said as she looked to see what he had passed her. It was a catalog for furniture. They had six bedrooms, four and a half baths he had told her as she found things that she could place in the two living rooms and dining room. They even had a room where they could turn into the social or game room. Everything that she was seeing so far was a dream come true and it was what she wanted as they went from semi empty room to empty rooms.

"Do we at least have a bed?" She asked him and he showed her the way to their shared bedroom. He opened double doors to show her a massive bedroom that was the size of her last apartment put together. In the room was a king size bed, equipped with a dresser, vanity. He showed her the walk-in closet that led to their master bad. There was a state of the art soaking tub to fit the both of them, a massive yet modern shower and a door to hide the toilet.

"I had your things brought over from your old room so no need to pack that up. The only unpacking will be whatever is in the suitcase. Furniture is at a minimum and you can order whatever you want." He said as he jumped on the bed to lay there. She watched him wide eyed as tears filled her eyes. "Did you do this for me?" She asked him as he had his head laying in his palm. He smiled at her and she moved to him. "Thank you. I never imagined it being like this." She said as she placed a kiss to his lips.

"I'm a man of my word, no matter what you think." He told her, removing his shoes. She eyed him as he continued to change. "I respect your need for independence and I believe you deserve it. You're fucking twenty two for christ's sakes. But all I need you to do is take your security seriously. The Giovanni's are dirty people and you live in a cutthroat world. Anyone would jump at the chance to take your dad out, I don't doubt Giovanni would do the same. I'm sure they're trying to figure out how to get me out of the picture to get you single again. They want the title." He said all seriousness aside.

Jenna's eyes widened as she yawned, her vision becoming blurry. "Okay. I will uphold what I can, just let me know what I can do." She said as he moved over to brush a kiss on her lips but they were both too exhausted to do anything else but sleep. "I have a class I'm teaching next week so I will be gone for a week." He said as they both snuggled in the bed together.

"Are you going by yourself?" She asked and he nodded. "I'm going to California, so yes. I won't be long. Just stay close to your security or even stay at your parent's." He told her and Jenna didn't catch that last part before they both fell asleep. She would talk to him later about it but the plane ride was catching up to the both of them as they nodded off without anyone replying.