12: Date Night

Jenna watched in awe at the stuffed bear that she was holding, it's dark glossy eyes stared back at her. She couldn't remember the last time she had gone to the carnival and she honestly believed that she didn't go at all.

She had learned at an early age who her father was and that limited her to many things which included a regular childhood. Things that she should have seen as a child growing up she didn't and when she had the chance to, it was cut short.

"Thanks." Jenna told him as he handed her a churro and she looked at the sugary confection. She took a bite into it and was hit with a stale taste covered with sugar. "Not as good as it looks right?" Cade asked her as he drank his fountain drink. She shook her head at him but continued to eat the snack. They walked around looking at the couples and children that ran around their parents and Jenna barely noticed the two guards that followed behind them. "Are you ready to leave?" Cade asked her and she nodded her head, happy of all the gifts that he had given to her. He pulled out his phone and texted someone before they both moved away from the colorful lights.

When they had made their way to his vehicle, he opened the door and let her in first before peeking around and closing the door shut behind her. She watched from inside the car as he made his way around and into the drivers seat. "Do you always do that?" She asked him and he turned the engine on. "It's protocol. We have to make sure that you're safe." He told her and Jenna asked, "Aren't you a target as well now that we're engaged?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he put the car into gear. "I guess so."

They both sat in silence as he raced on the road back to her parents mansion and pulled up into the lavish driveway. When he put the car into park, Jenna opened the door to get out and she was ready to thank him when he followed her out. "You don't have to walk me up. I'm sure my dad is making sure I get to the door safely." She told him but he laughed. "Well, you're not exactly normal and your dad wants me to stop by before I leave." He told her and she blushed. "Oh well, goodnight and thank you." She told him and he raised a brow at her. "Don't worry Jenna, I will be getting my goodnight kiss." He told her as they both entered the foyer. Sure enough Lazarus was standing by the entryway.

"Good. You're back safely." He commented as Jenna walked past him. "Good luck." She told Cade as she waved to him and blew him a kiss sarcastically. He smirked at her and answered her father. She didn't catch what he was saying as she rounded the corner to her room.

She had already changed out of her outfit from earlier and into more comfortable clothing when there was a knock at her balcony door. She hesitated thinking that maybe she was hearing things when the knock sounded again. "Open up." She heard a whisper and she swore it was Cade's voice. Sure enough, it was him.

"You have a really bad habit of showing up at places you shouldn't be. Can't you use my door like everyone else? How did you get up here anyways?" She asked him as she wondered how it was possible that he was able to climb up to the second floor when her father had removed what he could to make sure that she didn't leave again.

He shrugged at her and then said, "When I have my mind to it, I usually get what I want." He pulled something from behind him and it was her stuffed animal that she realized she didn't retrieve from earlier. "Wow, thanks" She said amazed that he had gone through all the trouble of bringing it to her when he could have gone through easier means.

"It was not all for naught." He said as he walked into her room and took a look around. She followed behind him hugging the stuffed animal to her chest. "Thank you, but why are you in my room?" She asked him as he looked at her vanity table filled with cosmetics and jewelry.

"No reason, just checking out your sick digs." He said touching her perfume. "You're not looking for places to stick more cameras are you?" She asked half jokingly. He stopped to look at her and then he turned to move towards her. The way he was walking to her made her think of a hunter catching its prey so she took a step backward.

He was closing the distance in on her and she had backed into her bed post before she almost fell backwards onto the bed completely and ended up finding herself sitting on the mattress. The air knocked her breath out from her airway and she made a loud gasp.

He moved himself closer to her until he was looking down into her eyes before putting a finger to her chin and moving down to place a kiss onto her lips. The kiss was nice and sweet and she felt a flutter of butterflies in her stomach before the feeling rose into her throat.

He moved his tongue against her lips and she instinctively opened her mouth but he moved away, before standing up straight. "Like I said, I usually get what I want. I will be seeing you soon sweetheart" He left the same way that he had entered her room and Jenna put her fingers to her lip as she watched in a daze as the curtains moved with the gust of wind he just made.

Jenna had watched him disappeared and she wondered why the man was so mysterious. She had thought that she figured him out for some player who just wanted to get his dick wet like every other male on the planet but he turned out to be some mobster- well kind of- and some illegitimate child. If she could have someone to choose from to be apparently married to being him or his disgusting brother, she would have chosen neither.

Breathing a breath of air that she knew she would be doing often, she closed her balcony doors and She didn't see a sign of him nor the white of his t-shirt. If the guy really did put his mind to it, he was very stealthy and got away with things. He hadn't even triggered the motion sensor and she had to give him an applaud at that alone. Shaking her head, she closed the doors and made sure to lock it this time to keep it intruders and instant Fiancees before climbing into her all too massive bed.