chapter four

Lee.

This is going to be so much fucking fun; I think as I finish giving my staff their instructions for the night. I do a quick scan of the room to make sure everything is in order before I make my way to my office. The thought of Hunter, the man I've been in love with for ten years; sitting at my desk, curious about my lifestyle? It's driving me mad. I still my shaking hands and make sure you can't see my semi-hard on before I take a much needed deep breath and open my office door.

Sophie is sitting on my desk with Hunter in the seat opposite mine. As soon as I step into the door his head snaps my way and our eyes lock. Even before he confessed to being bisexual, our eyes always seemed to find each other without fail.
I saunter into the room and sit down at my desk. "I've gathered you all here today," I start before Hunter's laugh interrupts me. Sophie shakes her head and flips me off. She turns her attention to Hunter. "Sweetie, can I ask you a question?" I shift uncomfortably at the pet name she's given him but again choose to ignore it. Hunter nods and looks at her expectantly. "What's got you so curious all of a sudden? Not that we mind but you've always asked us to keep you out of the loop when it comes to this. What changed?" I'll admit I'm curious as fuck as well. I sit up straighter in my seat and we both wait to hear his answer.
Hunter clears his throat and bites his lip before speaking. "Well... Brian's brother showed up at work today and we gelled quite well, we even went out for lunch together and I don't want to jump the gun or anything but I feel like there might be something there worth exploring."

Do you hear that? That's the sound of my heart shattering into a million tiny pieces. I grit my teeth and clench my hands into fists below the table. Before either of us can respond, Hunter continues his little rant. "Anyway, the reason I'm curious is because I think he might be a uhm, a dom." He says the last part shyly but my head snaps up at the speed of lightning. I narrow my eyes in his direction. "Why do you think that?" I manage to ask without showing my emotions too much. Hunter has done nothing wrong and I do not want him to feel anything negative from my side, ever. No matter how much this conversation hurts me. Listening to the love of my life talking about seeing another man? Another DOM? I feel sick.

Hunter rubs his thighs. "Just the way he acts, really. He seems so sure of himself and his place in this world and a few things he did. Like when we got to the table at lunch he pointed at the table and said something along the lines of 'Sit down so long, I'll go inform the waitress.' And then when the waitress wanted to hand us our menus, he put his hand up and ordered two cheeseburgers. We didn't specifically say we wanted cheeseburgers or anything so I wasn't sure why he felt he could order for me but then I thought about it some more and... well now I'm here." He chuckles awkwardly at the end. Fuck. Definitely a dom. I hate him already. Who does he think he is, just ordering for Hunter like that? That's not how this works, not from the get-go.
"How did that make you feel?" I decide to ask him and he looks up at me for a moment or two, thinking his answer through.

"I mean I didn't really mind, seeing as I like cheeseburgers but it did make me feel a little weird like what if I was lactose intolerant? Or vegetarian?" he frowns a bit at the end and his confession makes me smile with pride.

"I'm really glad you could see that for yourself because that's quite a big problem we have in our community. There's a lot of doms out there who think they can do whatever they want without facing the consequences, just because they're doms. It's not supposed to be like that at all. Being a dominant comes with a lot of responsibility. Your submissive trusts you to do what's best for them. They trust you to take care of them. He should have taken the time to find out what your favorite food is, what your allergies are. He should have asked what your normally have for lunch and what you plan on having for dinner. He has to know your dietary needs before he makes any decisions for you." I pause for a moment to make sure he's listening as intently as I hope he is and when I'm satisfied, I move on. "We don't make decisions for our subs because it sends us on a power trip. We do it because we want what's best for what is ours. I don't choose a specific meal for my sub because it's what I fancy. I choose it because it's a balance between nutritious, delicious and it's not packed with unnecessary unhealthiness." Hunter nods slightly every now and again and I have to stop my lecture because the cuteness of his actions make me dizzy. "I'm just using meals as an example but it's like that with every aspect of this lifestyle."

I glance at Sophie to see her curious gaze on both of us, clearly very invested in this conversation too. Hunter opens his mouth only to close it again. I smile at him in encouragement, hoping Brian's bastard brother didn't ruin his BDSM journey before it even began.
"So," he starts. "The dominant looks after the submissive, keeps him safe, happy and healthy and they have hot sex?" He pauses. "What's in it for the dom? Apart from the sex, of course... because this seems like a pretty sweet deal from the sub's side." He laughs at the end. His statement warms my insides and hope explodes in my chest. Is that really what he thought? He liked the idea of a submissive lifestyle?

I know my eyes visibly light up the corner of my mouth shows a tenth of the smile that's threatening to break loose.

"For the dom, there's nothing that compares to having someone trust you so much that they literally put their life in the palm of your hand. It's a sense of euphoria that can't be described as anything other than pure ecstasy. And the control, the commands; when your sub obeys you, it shows you and everyone around you just how much they trust you and want to please you. It evokes pride and a sense of belonging. Just as being taken care of evokes for the sub."
I turn to Hunter as I finish and he's staring back at me with wide, curious eyes. He licks his lip and bites it furiously.

"Wow," he mutters. I smile at him and Sophie perks up. "Do you want to see?" She blurts out. Hunter's eyes widen almost as much as my own. No. No. I know what she's thinking. No.

I start to glare at her but she shakes it off and jumps on the floor. "Lee's weekend sub is just as much of an exhibitionist as I am, if not more. I know for a fact he won't mind if we stick around to watch the two of you. Please Lee, please?" She brings out her puppy dog eyes.
I start to sweat bullets. The only reason I have a weekend sub is to get rid of all the sexual tension that builds up from being around Hunter so much. Don't get me wrong, the sex is good but I'd be lying if I said I don't close my eyes every time and pretend to see my favorite green ones instead.

Dammit.