29. Heart or Mind?

Feelings have a problem, they don't justify themselves. They just do whatever they want, love whoever they want, hate whoever they want and avoid whoever they want. Nobody can force them, that's why they are always busy creating trouble.
I went back to the operation theater with Ahaan. We saw Humair speaking to the doctor, the conversation seemed a bit too tense.
"So you're telling me, you had to do another plastic surgery for her face? Why?" Humair snapped.
"Well it seemed she had already gone through one surgery and her stitches were not completely healed so when she got the cut, her face got loosened. We had to give it the shape of her skull." The doctor said.
"I'm afraid while doing so, her eyesight might have been damaged, I'm not really sure." He added.
"Oh great!" Humair gasped in anger. I looked at him get furious as he slammed his fist on the wall. The nurses shifted Samar to ICU while Humair denied looking at her. He was in so kuch pain yet he could not understand what was going on in his heart.
"You better go home and get changed, we are here." Ahaan told him. He looked at me before sighing and rushed towards Samar's room. He kept on staring at the door of her room but as if she was so upset over him, she had no idea he was there, lying lifeless.
"All my fault." He said before leaving us alone at the hospital with Samar.
I sat beside Ahaan outside the ICU without speaking anything. I couldn't imagine how messed up everything was going even though the puzzle was solved. I wasn't ready to accept the destiny's decision, I had no doubt I loved Ahaan but I was not sure why would he be so cruel to me in one movement and then he would be the nicest person alive?
"Lost, again?" He asked as I kept my head on his shoulder.
"I don't understand. I have been after Siraj all my life and all of a sudden here I'm at a dead end because he literally is dead?" I told him. His face turned upset as he slid his palm under my cheeks.
"After all this, that punk is still on your mind?" He asked.
"No, he is all over my face. Literally. " I said pointing towards the mark on my face.
"Look, we can get it cured, medical science have advanced a lot. C'mon are you going to be mad at me forever because of a stupid mark that I don't think anyone actually cares about." He sighed, half yelling.
"Well, someone did cared about it. Someone thought it dosen't change anything about me. Someone thought I looked pretty with it. Someone thought he would actually get the same mark if I asked once." I smiled removing his hand from my face slowly as I went inside the ICU and sat beside Samar. Ahaan couldn't follow me as the hospital had strict rules, one person at a time. I felt complete around him but I felt lonely as well. He is not the same Ahaan that I knew of. He had changed.
The next morning I woke up still sitting beside Samar's bed. The girl had done worse to me but she was a victim of love and that too she was in love with the best, Humair. Her room was filled with the weird and moist smell of the hospital, while she was lying half alive on her bed not knowing that she was now an orphan. A thud sound brought me back to the reality. I saw the nurse had opened the door and Ahaan was still sleeping on the same bench I had left him last night.
"What a sight." I heard Humair's voice as I walked out of the room.
"You're back?" I asked.
"Yeah, I brought you some food and clothes in case you plan on staying till the universe gives up and finally Samar wakes." He said with a wide smirk on his face.
"What?" I asked looking at him confused? Wasn't he supposed to be angry with me? Or at least disappointed or taken a back?
"What? I spoke to the doctor, he said she'll take some good amount of time before she wakes up again." He smiled giving me a cup of tea.
"What's going on?" Ahaan asked who just woke up after listening to our conversation.
"Nothing, I'm planning to steal Ahana away, again." He emphasized "again".
"I want to go back home." I told Humair.
"Sure, I'll take you back." Ahaan said.
"No, you might want to book an appointment with a doctor to help me get this scar removed." I taunted walking away.
Ahaan's face went paler as he realized I was really pissed at him.
"Ahana, wait." He yelled rushing after me.
I was reluctant to look back, I wasn't still in the mood to just let him tell me how this scar has actually been a dead end to my nonexistent beauty.
"What?" I asked increasing the pace of my steps.
"I already got you an appointment." He said. I stopped in my place and made a tight fist to punch him in the face and crack open his skull but to my surprise the moment I turned around I was left speechless.
"Are you kidding me?" Humair yelled rushing towards us. He stopped a few steps away when he saw Ahaan kneeling down right in front of me with a diamond ring box in his hand.
"No, no, no! This cannot be happening to me again. Dude, you've lost your chance. C'mon!" He groaned.
"What are you doing?" I asked Ahaan.
"I'm trying to tell you that you look like a potato with that face and that this ring is the right size for your ring finger, I swear." He blushed as he hesitated in taking steps towards me.
"Oh my God, this is happening again. I'm going to be left with no wife again, why god why?" Humair cried.
"Ahana Sayeed, I know I have done a terrible job. I know I failed to recognize you at first and I know I deserve to eat a lot of mud for that. I know that I didn't trust you and that I blamed you for crimes that were actually done against you. I know that I took almost a lifetime to realise that you are my real Ahana but that dosen't change the fact that in whatever situation I was around Samar, she never gave me the vibe that you did. She always meant an outsider and that feeling made me realise that damn something was wrong and yep, it turned out true. I know I have crumbled your heart into fine powder and have blown it in air as well,  but trust me when I say this, I'm the air that is carrying the crumbled pieces. I'm sorry Aana, I really am. Will you please give me one chance to correct my mistakes?" Ahaan asked reaching out for my hand. I looked at Humair whose eyes were fixed on us continuously.
"You forgot to acknowledge the scar." I turned to find Humair sitting on his knees on the other side, holding another box of ring. This was the only situation I was trying to avoid and then, here I stand, as a bait between two hearts, fighting to get a hold on their prey, forever.
"What are you doing now?" I asked him.
"Trying to make you believe in the beauty of love, trying to give you a life free of drama and all sorts of troubles. Trying to make you the happiest girl alive? Ahana I'm no prince nor I have any kingdom to look forward to, I can't make you queen of several people but I can definitely make you my queen. I'm ready to share my last slice of pizza with you, I'm ready to give you my coat when it gets cold and I'm ready to even get a matching scar like you. Will you please give me just one chance to prove my feelings, you know I'm not meant to hurt you." He said giving satisfying smile.
"Well, I'm not sure if you want to be a queen or not but I'm pretty sure that being a King without you as my queen by my side will just make me someone with a title not someone who deserves it. I'm all about being with you and without you I'm nothing." Ahaan said squeezing my hand slowly.
"I don't know how to be a queen." I frowned pulling my hand back. I hated to do this to Ahaan but it wasn't my fault. It was his. He brought this upon himself. There was no doubt that I loved him but I was not ready to let this stupid love make me do stuff that could ruin my life, again. I had just lived a partial hell sort of life for the past few weeks, I no longer wanted to be in the same zone again. Ahaan was the weakness of my heart but then Humair was the weakness of my mind. My heart wanted me to say yes, give him another chance but my mind was telling me to think otherwise, after all doesn't everyone deserves one extra chance? After a lot of talks with myself I finally decided to break one heart.
"I'm not sure. I'm scared we'll ruin what ever is left between us. We might be a perfect match but I really don't think your ring will be a perfect fit in my destiny, Ahaan..."

_______

Oh My God, Its happening!
So Ahaan is out of the question for Ahana, or is he?
Would he give up?
Humair might be the happiest man alive today!

Share your thoughts please!