the second show surprise

over the weekend, coco and i had kept in touch and planned out how i would surprise ruel at his next show. apparently he had been begging and pleading to let me come, but coco had told everyone to keep telling him no. 

"he's distraught" she tells me over the phone on sunday night. the concert is tomorrow and the plan has completely come together. i wouldn't be able to arrive early like last time because ruel would for sure see me backstage, and i also couldn't arrive with all of his fans because if one of them posted about me on their stories my cover would be blown. instead, coco and i hatched a plan. i would arrive around the time that ruel would be doing meet and greets. i would arrive through the basement car park. i wasn't really that nervous surprisingly. i was more filled with excitement.

"i'll see you tomorrow then!" i say.

"see you then" she replies, i can basically hear her smile through the phone. i hang up and get in the shower. i can barely contain my excitement. sleeping is no easy task. my mind won't stop buzzing as i think about all of the things that i need to do in order to be organised for tomorrow. coco is picking me up and taking me into the show at about 6pm. 

i go to school during the day and honestly my classes can't possibly go any slower. i sit in every class and stare at the clock. eventually it's time to go home. i run to the train station, catch my train and then sprint home. i jump straight into the shower and wash my hair so that when it dries i can straighten it. i then begin to do my makeup. it takes me forever, because i try to put fake eyelashes on and lash glue is quite possibly the most confusing thing in the world. anyhow, by 6 o'clock i am ready and waiting on my driveway for coco's car to appear from over the horizon. 

i am wearing a metallic mesh top with white flowing pants. and my blonde hair is straightened and pushed behind my ears, my fringe is parted in the middle and sits gently on my forehead. i have gold hoops in my first ear piercings and little gold star studs in my seconds; and my makeup is dewy and natural, with gold and yellow hues on my eyelids.

 i have gold hoops in my first ear piercings and little gold star studs in my seconds; and my makeup is dewy and natural, with gold and yellow hues on my eyelids

the sun is setting and the sky streaked with different shades of pink, orange and blue. i inhale the cold dusk air and close my eyes. before long i see coco's car drive over the hill. i jump in the front seat and we drive off. coco already has one direction's steal my girl blasting through the speakers. we scream the lyrics and laugh at each other.

eventually we reach the opera house. the nerves are starting to creep in as we pull into the underground carpark and head to the artist access point. my palms are sweating a little bit, but i still feel more excited than nervous.

after coco pulls up and turns off the ignition, we get out of the car together and head into backstage. ruel is currently doing meet and greets. i'm going to surprise him after the concert finishes, so coco and i will just have a dance party backstage while he's performing. as soon as we get backstage i see nate. he gives me a hug this time.

"good to see you again brynne," he tells me. "ruel's going to be ecstatic when he sees you at the end of the show" i smile.

"i can't wait" i tell him.

"he was such a little bitch about you coming" nate said "pleAAAAASE let her cOMEEE" he whines mockingly of ruel. i laugh and shake my head as coco and i keep walking to the room where we're gonna hang for the whole show. it's set up nicely. there's a screen so that we can watch the show, and an assortment of fruits and some bottles of water. coco dumps her jacket down on a chair and i put my clutch and phone on top of it.

before long the show had started and coco and i were dancing around the room, using bananas and water bottles as microphones. i had learnt most of the lyrics to his songs by now, i mean i didn't want to get paid out every time i got them wrong.

when free time came on, coco and i both sat down, puffing from all of the jumping around we'd been doing. 

"i fucking love this song" i say. as i stare mesmerised at the screen. 

"isn't this the one that ruel sung in the car?" coco asks.

"yeah, it is." i tell her. "how much does ruel tell you?" i laugh.

"pretty much everything" she says. "we're really quite close."

"that's so sweet" i say. "kind of like my relationship with my brother." i tell her. i zone in on the screen and watch the pain on ruel's face as he reaches the bridge of free time. it is so obvious how much he loves being up on stage and honestly i find it so beautiful.

the pain is just written in his eyes. it's as if he has lived through so much, but then again how much could he have possibly experienced in his meagre 16 years of life? 

finally ruel runs back onstage to sing painkiller and i can finally get out of this room! i head out with coco and stand backstage ready for ruel to come off. and when he finally does, his eyes light up and his mouth opens. 

"BRYNNE" he screams as he sprints towards me and almost bowls me off my feet. instead he picks me up and spins me around so quickly i feel borderline nauseous. he holds me for a bit longer and then puts me down.

"i didn't think you were coming!" he exclaims.

"that's what you were meant to think" coco says as she smirks next to me.

"surprise!" i smile.

"did you see the show?" he asks me.

"we watched it from backstage, yeah" i tell him. his grin covers the whole of his face.

"get changed," coco tells him. "we're all going for dinner" she tells him. 

"okay" he says as he smiles at me and heads to his dressing room. he practically bounces down the hallway because he is riding such an adrenaline high from being onstage.

"are you ready to tell him?" coco asks me excitedly. i nod. at dinner i'm going to break the news to ruel and tell him that i'm coming on the rest of the australian leg of the tour. he's going to totally freak out and i'm so fucking ready.

___________________________________

oooo cliffhanger!

what will ruel's reaction be like?

find out in the next chapter!

thank you all so much for reading, sorry i've been a bit slow with updating; i've just gone back to school and it's taking up a lot of my time. but i am so excited to keep on writing this story and i know exactly where i'm taking it!

i hope you're enjoying it as much as i am, don't forget to vote and comment if you are!

xx