he's home!

several long weeks have passed. daniel's ex-girlfriend has made my life nothing but a living hell, this time, instead of letting my anxiety get the better of me; i've been able to kind of ignore it. on the other hand daniel has just faded into the oblivion of the school halls. i owe it all to the incredible support i've been receiving from ruel's friends and especially to the support ruel has been giving me even while he's been on tour. he finally released his australian painkiller tour dates and his new song painkiller- which is insanely good. 

these past few weeks have been such agony. i would be lying if i said i didn't miss him. finally he's coming home today, before he leaves again for his brisbane show. i drive to the airport and i can barely concentrate on the road because i'm so excited to see him again. eventually i reach the sydney international airport. i park my car and walk into the returns gate and stand with the congregation of people waiting for their friends and family members to return home. soon enough people begin filing out and i watch the teary reunions occur in front of me. finally i see him. he's talking to coco who walks behind him and he wears a goofy smile.

i awkwardly wave at him as he shifts his glance over to me. his smile grows even bigger and his eyes widen.

"brynne!" he yells and runs towards me. he envelopes me in a tight hug, lifts me off the floor and spins me around.

"i missed you" i whisper into his shoulder. ruel pulls away from the hug and looks into my eyes.

"i missed you too" he tells me, his hands are still resting gently on my shoulders. "how are things with daniel" he asks all of a sudden, his face is crossed by a wave of immediate concern.

"non-existent!" i grin. "he doesn't come near me!" 

"you're strong as fuck" ruel laughs.

"i wouldn't say that" i smile at the ground. god damn it i missed him so much. only friends, only friends, only friends i repeat over and over again in my head like a mantra. i then see coco running towards me.

"brynne!" she squeals. "ruel told me about the whole daniel thing!" she exclaims. i smile at her, my happiness is truly radiating. "i'm so fucking proud" she pulls me into a hug.

"thank you," i manage to get out through the tight hug coco has enveloped me in.

"ruel hasn't shut up about you all tour" she half-laughs, half-whispers into my ear. i laugh as well and shake my head. 

"come on losers, we're leaving" ruel says. coco grabs the handle of her suitcase and we follow the van dijks. i offer to give them a lift back to their house so they don't have to catch a taxi. we pile the suitcases in the boot of the car, ruel sits next to me in the front seat. we set off to their house.

eventually we reach their driveway and i pull in. i help them all unload the suitcases and i'm walking the last one up to the door when ruel walks up to me.

"what are you doing today?" he asks me.

"ruel- you of all people know i have no social life" i laugh as i continue to drag the suitcase up his driveway. he follows me.

"let's go back to newtown-" he says "we could get hot chips and eat them in that park... like last time?" he says.

"yeah okay," i smile. ruel helps me pick up the suitcase to take it up his front stairs. 

"let me go grab some cash" he tells me as he runs inside to find his wallet. i wait patiently out the front. how the fuck has this all happened. not even a month ago i was spending every day in my bedroom. i had no real friends and i was dangling over the border of depression. ruel actually doesn't know how much i owe to him. it isn't long before he re-emerges from inside, wallet in hand.

"let's go" he says as he walks towards my car. i follow him and jump in the drivers seat. i start the ignition and we head towards newtown. i drop him off to get the chips while i drive around to look for a parking space near the park. eventually i find one. i reach our bench to find ruel sitting there with his legs crossed. he playfully throws a chip at me. 

"i could've eaten that dipshit" i laugh. ruel just smirks as he throws a chip up and catches it in his mouth. he almost instantly spits it out.

"fuck that's hot" he says. i laugh at his utter stupidity.

i sit down in front of him, just like i did last time and lean back on my arms. we kind of fall silent for a couple of minutes. i look around the park at the people playing and laughing with each other. the world just seems so good. i literally have nothing to complain about when i'm with him. 

"i heard you've been hanging out with my friends" ruel says as he blows on a chip, before throwing it into his mouth.

"they're honestly the best" i smile. "i love them all so much" i tell him.

"they love you too" he replies, "they want me to invite you to everything from now on"

"damn" i say as i put my hand on my heart almost in a joke-like fashion. but deep down i'm really not joking. it means so much to feel included for once. ruel just stares at me with such a relaxed yet euphoric expression.

"i missed you brynne" he says.

"i missed you too," i reply. we just stare at each other. the sunlight peaks through his hazelnut brown hair that rests on either side of his face. his eyes glisten and it's as if they are smiling at me themselves. the tension is building, i can feel it.

{to be continued}

___________________________________

a cliffhanger!

finally ruel is back!! it feels like forever since he was in a chapter!

i hope you liked this one, i am literally itching to write the rest of this. i have so much planned and i am honestly so excited for you guys to read what i have in store.

please vote and comment if you enjoyed reading. it means so much to hear what you think of the chapter when i post it- like you literally have no idea how happy it makes me to read all of your comments.

anyway, hope you enjoyed reading! see u next chapter 

xx

unexpected - ruel van dijkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें