2. pop a xan

Xander

I woke to someone shaking me. My eyes fluttered open as I looked to my right. The girl was standing outside of the car, the passenger side door swung open.

"Hey... I think we're here." She smiled slightly, glancing towards the front steps of my small, studio sized house.

"Can you stand?" She asked, concern laced in her voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I unbuckled my seatbelt, sliding my legs out of her small car. I placed my feet on the grass, taking a deep breath before pushing myself up. My head spun as the cold night air nipped playfully at my cheeks, making them turn red.

She stepped to the side, allowing me to take a few hesitant steps forward. The ground shook beneath my feet and I leaned onto a tree for support.

The street lights were bright, a mixture of colors and textures that were only possible to see while on MDMA ran across my eyes.

I heard the door shut behind me and soon there was a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Let me help you." I didn't respond as she took my arm, gently sliding it around her neck. Her other arm found my waist as she slowly pulled me away from the tree.

The walk to my door seemed to take forever, each step making my insides churn unpleasantly. I handed her my keys and she shuffled through them, trying each one on the lock. The third one worked and the door swung open, reviling my pitch black room.

She searched the wall for a light switch, flicking it up once she found it. My room was a mess, countless empty bottles and clothes scattering the floor, the obnoxious orange pill bottle prominently displayed on my bedside table. I glanced at her, expecting judgment but receiving none.

She gripped my waist tighter, pulling me closer to her before kicking my door shut and slowly leading me towards my bed. I crashed onto it, rolling on my back so that I was staring at my ceiling, the fan blades moving in slow circles above my head, eventually blurring together.

I felt a light tug at my feet and propped myself onto my elbows as she gently took one of my shoes off, then the other. I pulled my hoodie up over my head, as well as my shirt, and threw them to the floor.

She glanced at me, her eyes staring deep into mine. I was surprised, people don't normally look me in the eyes. I asked Wyatt why that was once, he said that most people were scared of me.

She grabbed a blanket from the end of my bed, hesitating before draping it over me.

"Thank you." I muttered, sighing as I let my head hit the pillow.

She nodded at me, turning towards my dining room table. She sat down in one of the wooden chairs.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confused as to why she wasn't leaving.

"I think I should stay until the morning, just to make sure you don't choke on your own vomit or anything."

"Trust me, I'm not that lucky." She raised an eyebrow at me, a confused look flashing across her face before she quickly covered it up.

I sighed, reaching for the orange bottle.

"What are you doing?" She stood up, grabbing the pill bottle from my hand, "I don't think taking more drugs is a good idea right now."