5

“Listen! I could care less whether you live or whether you die—”

Peter Quill was quickly following Gamora down the hallway, it wasn't much of a hallway though, actually anyone could fall off the edge very easily. Cati peered over and down at the prisoners, the height was extraordinary, she poked her head further out. Staring down at all of the flashing lights and sight of people waking up for their morning meal. "T-This... Is so high." She whispered, only to be grabbed by the wrist and pulled back in. Gamora glaring down at her. "Stop trying to fall then, insolent child." Then let go of her wrist. Turning to Peter, who has a disappointing look on his face. "Why would you stop the big guy?" She asked.

Rocket came wandering over, leaning against the railing and crossing his arms. "Simple. You know where to sell my orb." He smirked, the stubble across his jawline and cheeks were very noticeable, it made him look lazily heroic. "How are we gonna sell it, when we and it are still in here?" She asked, glaring at Peter with curiosity. Making him grin wider and turned to Rocket. "My friend Rocket here has escaped twenty-two prisons." The green lady quickly turned to the small person. Which made Cati gasp excitedly and applause him. He chuckled and grinned at the young girl. "Oh we're getting out. Then we're going straight to Yondu to retrieve your bounty!” He pointed at Peter.

Quill sighed, looking down at Cati, then back over at Gamora. “How much was your buyer willing to pay for my orb?” He asked her, she looked between the two men. Then spoke. “Four billion units—” She answered casually. “Holy shi— Cow.” Peters voice cracked unusually as he changed what he was saying. Cati stared up at him unusually, not exactly knowing what he was going to say. Yet she kept quiet, not wanting to make her friend embarrassed.

“That orb is my opportunity to get away from Thanos and Ronan. If you free us, I’ll lead you to the buyer and split the profit equally between the three of us.” She agreed with a serious gaze. A squeal escaped Cati when hearing a voice. “I am Groot.” He grumbled from behind.

Rocket rolled his eyes. “Four of us. Asleep for the danger, awake for the money as per fricking usual.” Groot glared at the lot of them, then smiled gently at the small girl, who waved back.

_______________________________________

Cati was sitting with all of them in the cafeteria, they were all chattering about an escape route. Yet she was lost in her own mind. Thinking about Yondu, and what he was doing, when he'd get to see him again. This place was very scary, and didn't treat her nicely, the guards glared at her as if she was odd, but compared to every other living creature in here, she thought that they would treat her a lot nicer. It was difficult to be so nice to them and only get shoved to the ground.

Quill was very nice though. Almost too nice, it's as if he knew something that she didn't about herself, and that would normally freak her out, but it wasn't like that. In a strange way, she felt like he was important, but not just to her life, before her life, and when she dies, grows up. What a strange feeling. It is so difficult to understand.

Suddenly, the sounds of alarms wailed throughout her ears. Covering them almost instantly, Rocket turned his body to face a large tree. “You idiot! How am I supposed to fight these things without my stuff!” He yelled viciously, running over and climbing up his body towards his shoulder. As if appearing out of nowhere, Drax kicked a guard away from him and through their gun at Rocket. “Creepy little beast!” Watching as the Raccoon caught it in his hands. Before he smiled.

“Oh yeah...”

Peter and Cati were standing in a room next to the man with the robotic. “You need what?” He asked. Peter looked down at Cati, then back up at him. “Your leg.” He wasn't sure what else to say obviously. The stranger shook his head. “Nope... But, I’ll give you the leg for that girl.” He suggested with a grin. Cati didn't have time to hide behind Peter, as her friend instantly stood in front anyways. “No way—” He shook his hands.

The man shrugged. “Too bad for that then—” Peter quickly interrupted. “I’ll give you thirty thousand units!” He exclaimed desperately. The man eyeballed him, waiting a few moments before he took off his leg and passed it to him. “Done.”

After Peter was given the leg, he picked up Cati and held her in one arm while racing out of the room. Cati glanced at his face, a tight hold around his neck as he dodged gunfire. “Y-You didn't have to do that Peter, I would've gone if it meant that you could leave.” Her friend shook his head. “I will never leave you.” He looked back at her, seeing her red cheeks and beautiful eyes made him freeze up. The world stopped moving as he gazed at his daughter. Reminded him of someone.

Then continued running as he arrived at the ‘Groot ladder’, Drax yelled at him from below, then followed up. They opened the door, all of them looking extremely boss as they walked in. Groot pulled the guy up and had thrown him out of the watch tower. Once getting in, Gamora seemed stunned at the fact that Drax was coming along too, glaring up at him. “Spare me your foul gaze, woman.” He hissed.

Gamora focused her gaze on Peter. “Why is this one here?” She demanded an answer, which was given back with a relaxed vibe. “We promised that he could stay by your side until he kills your boss, I always keep my promises, if they're to muscle-bound whack-jobs who will kill me if I don't. Here you go.” He chucked the leg on the table. Still keeping Cati in his hold as he did so.

“Oh. I was just kidding about that leg, I just need these two.” Rocket admitted. Peter’s face paled then angered in shock. “What?” He asked. The raccoon turned and faced him. “No, I thought it would be funny. Was it funny? What did he look like hopping around?” Rocket asked, grinning. Peter glared at him. “I had to transfer him thirty thousand units!” He exclaimed. As his furry, little friend snorted in hilarity.

“I told you I had a plan.”

Rocket had turned off the artificial gravity, stopping the guards outside from shooting. Cati crawled up and onto the table. “R-Rocket, you are extraordinary!” She smiled at them all. “Now they're not hurt in the process. You are the smartest person i’ve ever known." She smiled brightly over at him. The raccoon stared at her, his cheeks flushing red, then a gentle smile appeared across his face. Looking down as he pressed a few more buttons. “Cute kid—” He mumbled as the watchtower became it's own, miniature space shuttle.

They had flown past them all and through, what looked to be, a tunnel shoot. The watchtower hitting off the walls as they did so. It didn't take long before all six of them were out of the ‘ship’ and where their boxes of stuff was. Cati had grabbed her box of things, taking her dress and small plant pot out of this. How on earth did it get here? She only had her clothes with her and that was it. Deciding to forget the laws of logic, she rushed off towards Drax. “D-Drax! L-Lift me up?” She asked shyly. He didn't hesitate once to pick her up into his arms.

Quill was over by the window. “Yeah, there it is! Get my ship. It's the Milano, the orange and blue one over in the corner.” He ordered as Gamora and Peter searched through his bag. “The orbs there, let's go.” She told him, but he continued searching.

Cati was unable to see anything else, Drax running down with Groot and Rocket, but she noticed Peter run off and Gamora begin to leave with the other four. “W-Where’s Peter?” She asked frantically. Gamora sighed. “He’ll be here soon, now keep your head down—” They both then ran to the ship.

While waiting inside, Cati was shaking and standing right at the window, her eyes watering. Where was he? It was taking too long. The sounds behind her weren't even noticeable towards her tiny ears. Yet, she saw a flying figure in the distance. Gasping from delight. “I-It’s Peter!” She rushed off to the opening.” Watching as it opened and Peter came up, Cati ran over, watching his smile stretch very wide as he picked her up into his arms. Walking forward. “Behold. This one shows spirit. He shall make a keen ally in the battle against Ronan companion. What were you retrieving?” He asked with an admired gaze.

Peter placed a Walkman in his hands. Gamora and Drax stared at it. Then back at the man who had walked away with Cati.

“You’re an imbecile.”

_______________________________________

I apologize for not posting recently. Had school exams and had forgotten to post. Hopefully this will be the end of it, back on track from now on.