4

Everything became difficult afterwards, when arriving at an unknown area, Cati realised what was happening. Why were they being sprayed with an orange substance? It was as if they were standing in a que, waiting for something very exciting and important, yet it looked terrifying. Some of the people had walked out with bruises on their back. It all depending on their muscle and how strong they were really.

When Cati's turn came up, she stood there. One of the guards had taken her dress, but no one seemed to care that she was partly nude. Instead, her face had gone pale, not able to find the courage to walk in. The guard beside the gate gave her a rough push inside, making her walk finally and stand over in a certain area, just before she was about to be blasted. Oh no.

Minutes later, she was led off somewhere else. Never been in a prison before, so she was unsure of where she was being taken to or what was happening. It all felt confusing. The guard had showed her, what looked to be, a cell or their room for that matter. Cati was clutching onto her shirt, already having her pants on. They were yellow trousers, quite baggy for her though, and oversized, it was difficult to see her feet also.

Soon realising that she wasn't in the cell alone, she noticed the raccoon, and the man who was sparked by that black stick. Standing there and staring at them. Cati felt the leftover tears on her cheeks from earlier, making it very visable since her skin was blasted with orange liquid. What was that thing? Why did they do that? Either way, she could feel slight pain across her upper back. Walking over to the bed and sitting down, staring down at her shirt.

“C’mere kid.” The adult had spoke, putting his hand out, Cati's gaze crossed the man's, then back down at his outstretched hand. It took some more courage, or what was left of it in her, to walk over and stand in front of him. The man took the towel from behind him, beginning to dry her body off. “Quill, what’re you doing?” He asked while cocking her head.

Quill, that was his name? Wasn't that name that was said earlier? That nice man’s voice had said ‘Peter Quill’. Cati stared at him as he brought the towel up to her face, drying that off also. Making Cati flinch at the shock of not being able to see. “Helping her... I don't know about you and whatever you do when there's a little girl put in jail for whatever reason but—” Suddenly, Cati cut him off.

The towel was brought away from her face as he took the yellow shirt and pulled it over her top half. “Oh! I was kidnapped from Yondu's ship! My name is Cati, Cati Gray.” She smiled while fidgeting with her hands. Quill and the raccoon both gave her a look. “You were kidnapped... From... Yondu's ship?” Quill asked, curious and uncertain. “Mhm! I’ve lived there since I was a baby, he picked me up from a wrecked planet.”

For some odd reason, Quill seemed to freeze up, or was slowly beginning to realise something. Was he okay?

“O-Oh, right.” He nodded and pulled his shirt on. Cati continued to watch him, the raccoon had now lost interest in what was happening. Quill once again spoke up. “My name is Peter, Peter Quill, this thing over here is apparently called Rocket. The giving tree is Groot, and the green lady, her name's... Gomare?” He turned to Rocket. “Gamora—” The raccoon corrected. Quill nodding his head.

Cati smiled shyly, Rocket watching her closely, giving Peter one look before looking back at whatever he was doing. “You two look very alike.” He added. Peter looked at Cati, the girl giving the same look back. Did they really look alike?

---------------------------------------------------------

Once arriving outside the cell and downstairs, Cati realised that it was the place she had saw with all the strange people inside. Honestly, it frightened her. Walking beside the large group, before gasping in shock at one of the aliens leaning closer to her face, she staggered backwards, only to bump into the legs of another one. Who huffed in annoyance and glared down at her figure.