1

Yondu allowed the gun in his hand to swing low by his side, carrying, what looked like luggage, in his other arm. Whistling quickly and chucking the gun over to Kraglin. “Oi Kraglin, board the ship. We're getting outta’ here.” He ordered. Allowing the bloodshed and dead bodies around him to truly sink in. This world would never be the same. It never was already but, difficult times called for difficult choices. Bringing a baby into the picture could possibly be the biggest mistake he's ever going to make. Although he thought that about Quill, could be different this time around.

If any of them found out that this baby was Peter's, they wouldn't want her, they'd freak out and desperately try to get rid of the baby, but this could change the roles around. Quill wasn't fit to take care of a child, a thief to the galaxy, and an unknown power boiling up inside of him of his father's. No one would ever find out about this child's past.

While grinning toothily, satisfaction reading his face, and walking aboard his ship, he felt the large carrier take off from the Planet, its name wasn't established to be honest, he thought some of his crew were messing about when they called it the ‘n.a.t.’ Sounds pretty stupid for a planet, a representation of the universe and life. Forget about that crap. There was more things to worry about.

“Well Cap’n? Did you get it?” One of them asked, excitement filling all of their faces. Yet, Yondu was ready to take this plan aboard, he had no gold, treasure, or secret goldmine that he could give to this crew. Just more eyes. More hands.

“Eh... Think I got something even better.” While chuckling and allowing the voice in his throat grow distant, he placed the small figure on the ground, watching as it stared around curiously. Definitely a baby alright, a bright one too. Shyly, the creature bounced up and down on it's bottom. Liking the sound of the bumps on the ground, as if it were a singing tune. Despite how everyone cooed over the fact it was an adorable baby, they all looked questioningly at... What it was.

“It’s a girl, you!—” Yondu groaned, kneeling down and picking it up in the air, revealing it's naked body off to the crowd. The crew gasped in shock, before listening to the baby choke out a sob. “Awe— Let me hold her!” One of them begged, reaching their hands forward and snatching the baby from Yondu’s grasp. The way everyone cooed over the baby was just the reaction that Yondu needed. Grinning widely at the entertained crowd.

The creature seemed more intrigued at the minute, letting out a loud chortle as she was snatched by another. “Can we keep her Sir?” One of them asked, causing multiple heads to turn over to their Leader. Yondu spied them all with weary eyes. It was his plan anyways, keeping the child, maybe having another Human face around would lighten this place up, besides, just like always. It could fit into places others couldn't.

“Yes you mongrels! We're keepin’ her!” Everyone cheered, holding the baby in the air. It squealed in delight, trying to desperately join in while throwing her tiny fists in the air. The naked baby was passed back to Yondu, everyone watching him hold it nude with his one arm. “W-What shall we call it Cap’n?” Kraglin asked sheepishly, making the blue man turn to the crowd with a smirk. Once again, the baby was raised high in the air.

“Cati. Cati Gray!”

Listening to the name that had been called, Cati squealed with such delight, throwing her head around as if it were a party rave. The others laughed, Yondu took the small girl into his arms, seeing her shiver made him think that she could possibly be cold. “All of you! Back off to your rooms!” He snapped, and the lot of them groaned in disappointment. Slumping into their packed sleeping quarters.

A life with a baby in it was so much more inspiring and beautiful, that's what everyone said. Although Yondu would have to be careful, the same kind of pettiness and closeness with Quill made the others resent him, had to be real careful with this little thing. Cati stared up at him, a gaze filled with curiousity and life. Making the old man's heart crumble at the sight of her.

The room he came apon was his own now, waltzing in and stepping over the mess while wrapping Cati up in a thick shrug. Sitting down on the bed. “Uh... Hi...?” He greeted. Then, with his two large hands, lifted her up in front of him, studying the small thing as she yet again squealed. “What do I do with you?—”

Within that moment, Cati thrown her small hands on Yondu’s face, babbling quietly and grabbing at his features. The look on his face said it all, he was utterly in love with this baby. While bringing her close to his chest, his body hovered itself down and onto the bed. Holding Cati in his arms, and allowing himself to drift off. The baby seemed to get the right idea, seeing as she was falling asleep also.

Neither of them noticing the crew peeking in from the doorway and watching with such pure intensity and amazement. The scene was beautiful. Yet to them, they just wanted the baby. Even if they weren't prepared at all? They all felt ready for the mess Yondu had gotten them into.

---------------------------------------------------------

First chapter of GOTG; The daughter of Peter Quill. How are you all? Had a bit of writer's block the past few weeks, and it's been killing my insides. Hope it leaves soon enough, especially for this story, there's so many cool things to do with it, but not knowing what one to choose is the difficult part, ahaha. Hope you all are having a lovely Summer, don't leave me now while I upload the next chapter.