day nine

day nine | fighting

lisa's pov

It was almost one in the morning when I sneaked in Jisoo's room. The room was plunged in the dark but the deem light of her phone gave away that she wasn't sleeping yet. Just my luck.

I cheekily made my way under the sheets and just then she noticed my presence, "It's never a good thing when you sneak into my bed without a word, are you okay?"

She locked her phone, her attention turning to me and I clung onto the large comfy sheets, almost hiding my face under them. I replied nothing to her question because we both knew what was the answer to it. I couldn't see her face anymore but I felt her turning around to face me, ready to listen to anything that I wanted to say.

"I messed up with Jungkook, unnie."

I knew she wasn't really surprised that he was the subject of my sadness, "What happened now?"

The way she said it showed that indeed Jungkook and I's relationship wasn't easy. We clearly started on the wrong foot and nothing has been really peaceful between us since then. And it bothered me. It didn't feel right not to get along with him. And now that I thought that our relationship could improve, I fucked it up.

I sighed, "I'm scared."

She hummed like she was some shrink and I chuckled but my heart wasn't really in it, "You're thinking too loud, unnie."

"Is it because Dispatch's new revealed couple?"

Again, I said nothing but I nodded. She knew everything already, it felt good to be understood right away.

"If you really want to try and be with him then you won't care about that. I get that you're scared but are you really ready to let your chance pass?"

No I wasn't. Simply because deep down, I knew Jungkook wouldn't be just anyone. I didn't want him to be. I just felt this thing when I was with him, I couldn't explain it but the chemistry between us was too strong for me to just throw it away. I knew I'd regret it if I did.

Still, it was so frightening.

"I think you're more curious about him than you are scared about whatever people would think of you. Am I wrong?"