Chapter 11~The Depths of Cousin Fethry

(In the chapter your wearing an oversized hoodie and shorts)

(Third P.O.V)

"Now, here's the amazing part! The vascular cambium displays three distinct growth rings the exact same distance apart. Factoring out drought deformity means this tree Scrooge found experienced three leap years in a row!" Huey exclaimed, looking away from the tree trunk and over at Dewey, who had just gotten out of the bath, still wet, and (Y/N), who had dark bags under hey eyes from having barely any sleep.

"You dragged me out of the bath, for this?" Dewey asks, glaring at his brother. (Y/N) just rubbed her temple, trying to calm down. "What are you doing now?!" (Y/N) looked back over and tilted her head in confusion once she saw Huey licking the tree.

"Tasting for resin samples. They can-" Huey started, before yelping out in pain, and takes out a tiny splinter off his tongue. "Splinter.."

"Huey, dude, I love you as if we were actual family, but please, next time if it's this simple, don't drag me out of bed! I haven't gotten any sleep in days!" (Y/N) complained, walking over to look at the tree part.

"I said, don't interrupt me unless something exciting happens." Dewey also complains, standing beside (Y/N).

"What's more exciting than dendrochronology?" Huey asks, still seeming very excited.

"Ghouls, goblins, time paradoxes, daring quests that will cement our names in history. You get the idea." Dewey replies, not noticing that (Y/N) was shaking her head, thumbs down. Huey stifles a laugh as he sees this, noting that (Y/N) was agree with him more than Dewey.

"Ring!" All three look over in confusion. The, 'ringing' continued, and all three realized it was coming from, a can?

"What are you kids doing mucking about in my office?" Scrooge asks, placing something down and walking over, leaving Donald alone.

"See, the vascular cambium displays-" Huey starts, walking over to the tree trunk, and only to be interrupted by Dewey.

"More importantly, your-

"Your can is ringing." (Y/N) finishes, pointing at the shaking can.

"Tatter me tartan!" Scrooge mumbles, before blocking the can from the three's view. "Don not answer it, that can is your Cousin Fethry calling from my top-secret deep-sea laboratory." Scrooge explained, seeming very annoyed by the topic.

"Top secret?" Dewey asks, getting excited.

"Deep sea Laboratory?" Both Huey and (Y/N) exclaimed at the same time, also getting excited.

"Don't get too excited. Fethry's a bit-Well, he's um-" Scrooge tried explaining, before he was interrupted by Donald, who was pushing something.

"He's cuckoo bananas." Donald mumbled, glancing over.

"Best to ignore it." Scrooge stated, putting his top hat over the can. "Every time we get a call from Fethry, we rush down there just to go on some fool's errand - wrapped up in a needlessly dangerous adventure. With the rambling lectures."

"And explosions." Donald butted in again, annoyed.

"And avoiding that mega tsunami."

"And the explosions!" Donald butted in once again.

"All to see a barnacle formation in the shape of a tractor or some such nonsense."

"Big waste of time." Donald stated, before leaving. Scrooge nodded, before taking his top hat back, not noticing the can falling over once he did, and walks out. The can falls onto the ground.