forty

[Sol 142]|

“I'm so nervous right now.”

Jisung was pacing back and forth across the somewhat cleared space of the HAB, holding his video camera.

“Chan and Changbin are about to disobey NASA and continue at the same speed. NASA will pick up on it right away and-” He stopped in his tracks. “Oh my god. There's gonna be serious consequences.”

He sat down on the floor dazedly. Jisung never wanted anyone to suffer because of him, and here his friends were, risking their lives, careers, and relationships to rescue him.
With a bitter sigh, Jisung set down the camera on the floor beside him.

He wriggled around a little bit in his criss cross applesauce position. Jisung couldn't sit still. With another sigh, he flopped on the ground, spread out. “I. Am. So. Borrrrrrrrred.” He groaned as he rolled around.

Once he came to a stop, Jisung looked back to the camera. “It's not like I don't have anything to do, but I can't focus on anything. I neeeeeeeed to know how it goes.” He whined, letting his head fall into the comfort of his folded arms.

Jisung yelled, the indistinguishable sound being muffled considerably by the fabric of his sweatshirt sleeves.
After a few moments of him trying to catch his breath, Jisung said, just loud enough for the camera to pick up, “I just want us all to be happy again.”

Moments passed, everything quiet.

A loud ping sounded, and Jisung glanced over to where his research tablet was placed on the desk. He scrambled up, grabbing his tablet desperately.

His eyes scanned the message. Tense silence resounded once again- until Jisung's lips split into a huge smile.

“Chan says everything went well, and they're waiting for NASA retailiation. Changbin can't talk because now he has to be piloting the whole time, since autopilot was programmed to bring them straight home.” He walked over and picked up the camera. “We're gonna do this. For real.”

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Thanks for 3.9k reads T^T
I don't deserve you guys

Double update? 👀

QOTD:
What song do you think represents this story well?

A:
Happier by Marshmello (ft Bastille)
For sure

Ksjdjdksksms