Chapter 18: Engagement Party (Part 1)

Namjoon woke up still in the bathroom because of a call on his phone, Mirai snoring in his arms and a piercing pain shooting up his back from sleeping in such an uncomfortable way.

''RM speaking what is it?'' he asked in a whisper.

''The Kuromiya clan set fire to one of our warehouses... The losses are in the hundred thousands... they also made some prisoners in the process... It's yet another declaration of war. They request their lady be freed if we want them to spare our men... Naturally we didn't reply to their taunt...'' Yoongi spoke.

''We have to put a stop to their little rebellion... I'm Mirai's fiancé, I'm their leader now, they should have stood down when I ordered them to...''

''Yeah... they don't see it that way... They still consider the whole thing a kidnapping... You know because we kidnapped her...''

''It's all a matter of perspective... But you're right... We skipped a few formalities... These yakusas are all about tradition... Fine, we'll give them what they want.'' Namjoon said, while picking up a still knocked out Mirai princess style, with his phone balanced on his shoulder.

''You're letting her go free!'' Yoongi exclaimed.

''No! Are you dumb or something!? I'm throwing an engagement party... This way they'll all have to admit that this whole thing isn't a kidnapping but a union...''

''An engagement party? You want to put all of our enemies in the same place and hope they don't kill us?'' Yoongi asked dumbfounded.

''Precisely, everyone that has an ounce of power over these yakuzas will be invited at the manor tomorrow night. If they are to rebel, they'll all be in the same place surrounded by all of our men. It's up to them whether or not they decide to fall in line.'' Namjoon explained, as always he had planned a couple of steps ahead.

''What about her? If she doesn't show up they'll think you killed her, and if she doesn't bend the knee to you they'll all follow her lead out of honor and it'll be a real blood bath...''

''She'll do as I say. I have some leverage over her that she won't be willing to put on the line...''

''What leverage?''

''My father in law will be there to give us his benediction of course... He has to be there in order to properly give me his daughter's hand.'' Namjoon said with a smirk.

''Do you really think it's safe enough to bet she won't risk her father's safety for her own freedom?''

''I know Mirai better than she knows herself. She would never betray her father; her pride wouldn't allow her.''

''The man is well protected, who will bring him to the manor?''

''Jin knows his doctor; we have a way in the residence. He'll try to persuade Mr. Kuromiya to follow along peacefully. You, Jungkook and Hoseok will follow along as back up. Needless to say I want no harm to be done to the man. Treat him with utmost respect and keep your guard up; he's twice as cunning as Mirai and only half as mercifull...''

It took Mirai a full day of sleep to get over her hangover. Namjoon had been more absent than usual but she slept so much she barely noticed...

He rubbed her eyes and noticed a box at the end of the bed; it was black and wrapped with a thick red ribbon.

The color choice screamed ''Namjoon''.

Mirai crawled over to the box and undid the ribbon. A red rose was lying on top of an elegantly handwritten letter.