Chapter 3 : Then there was blood...

After being rescued by Mirai at recess, Namjoon started to follow the girl around at all times, and it soon became clear that she was nothing like the other kids at school.

Despite having hurt and threatened that politician's son at recess, no trouble ever came her way. At first Namjoon thought the bully simply was too afraid to tell on her, but after a while it only became yet another piece in the puzzle that was Mirai.

Like in every private school, they had uniforms to wear, but Rin only ever showed up wearing the boy's uniform. It might have been a personal preference of hers, but Namjoon soon realized that her choice probably had practical reasons. The girl was always running, climbing, frog chasing, fighting and getting into shenanigans that were definitely not skirt-friendly.

On top of it all, she was oblivious to a lot of Korean customs and her skills in the language were rudimentary at best; definitely not good enough to accepted in a school with such high academic standards!

He had managed to figure out that she came from a Japanese family, but she completely refused to say anything more about her life.

He never had a friend before her and he was quite afraid she would soon grow tired of him, but he silently rejoiced in the fact that the rest of the students didn't take a liking to her.

Namjoon was an only child and he always hated the idea of sharing.

Mirai wasn't aloof, in fact she was quite a joyful child and far from being shy, but her habit of punching those who mocked her accent square in the face and the weird way teacher acted like they were afraid of her both led to the other kids openly distrusting of her.

For a while, Namjoon thought her weird antics could all just be explained by the fact that he didn't understand Japanese culture, but soon he had to realise Mirai just belonged to a whole other world than him.

They were getting closer by the day and soon, hanging out at school wasn't enough for them, so Namjoon decided to take up his courage and ask Mirai to come and play at his house after school.

The girl's eyes lit up and she immediately agreed, quickly giving someone a call.

Since Namjoon lived close to the school, they both decided to walk and stop at the park on their way there. Mirai ran to the tallest tree around and looked at Namjoon with a grin.

''Follow Mirai!'' she said, before climbing on the lowest branch.

Namjoon gulped. He knew climbing trees was dangerous and he hadn't done it before, but he couldn't look like a scaredy cat in front of Mirai so he forced himself to follow her trail.

He hoped she would stop at the lowest branch, but she kept on making her way up as skillfully as a squirrel, laughing as she climbed while Namjoon was struggling, hanging on for dear life and almost slipping on multiple occasions. He was more of a brainy guy and this was much too physical for him!