𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

"Bodies of two unidentified boys were found near Wichita, Kansas, a week apart," Garcia presented the case

"Bodies of two unidentified boys were found near Wichita, Kansas, a week apart," Garcia presented the case. "Both were Caucasian and between the ages of fifteen and seventeen."

"They were each found mangled in the aftermath of a tornado." Hotch read from the file.

"Yeah, but that's not what did them in," Garcia quickly said. "The M.E. has determined that the cause of death was blunt-force trauma to the head before the storms hit."

"The death blow in each case was in almost exactly the same spot." Emily observed.

"What about all the other damage to their bodies?" Morgan asked. "Some of their limbs are missing."

"Yeah, victim number one, his right leg was taken off," Emily said to everyone. "Victim number two, both arms were severed. But was that because of the tornado or the UnSub?"

Garcia answered. "The M.E. still hasn't discovered that. He's a busy guy. Major storms have hit the area. The morgue is slammed."

"If it's the UnSub, he's got a hell of a sadistic streak." Rossi said.

"Well, a tornado wound clear the area, give the UnSub the privacy to do his thing," Mara added to the conversation. "He may be using the storms as a body disposition modality."

"Forensic countermeasure: wind, hail, rain," Reid added quietly. "Mother Nature destroys the crime scene."

"Or he wants us to think Mother Nature actually committed the murders," Emily said. "What concerns me, the grief period between kills."

"Only a week," Hotch finished. "He's moving fast. Wheels up in thirty."

"Oh," Garcia added. "Pack for foul weather, the forecast is nasty."

Mara headed back out to her desk, finishing her coffee and tossing the trash before grabbing her to go back and meeting everyone else out at the jet.

They all gathered at a table where the crime scene photos laid, Mara taking the last seat, next to Reid.

"Central Plains, right in the middle of Tornado Valley." Emily said.

"You know," Reid said, everyone's attention turning to him. "If this UnSub is using tornadoes as a forensic countermeasure, then Kansas certainly is the ideal setting."

"Tornadoes do pose a significant threat." Morgan said.

"During this year's super outbreak back in April, there were 336 confirmed tornadoes in just several days resulting in over 300 lives lost."

Garcia popped up on the screen, Morgan smiling at her. "Hey, tell us something good, mama."

"Okay, so, local PD have ID'd your victims, they're on your tablets." Garcia said as Mara picked up her tablet.

Garcia went over all the victims with the team as they started their victimology. They hit some back turbulence and Mara went to grab the armrest to balance herself but met something warm.

Reid instantly pulled his hand back at the contact, somewhat angry at Mara for touching him. Mara turned to him, "sorry."

Reid pretty much ignored her, turning his attention to Rossi. "I didn't know you were a bad flyer."

"I'm not," Rossi answered. "I just hate turbulence."

"You know, turbulence very rarely causes planes to crash." Reid said to him as Morgan chuckled.

"That does me absolutely no good at the moment," Rossi said as Reid closed his mouth. "Thank you."

"What we really need to worry about are microbursts- a sudden downburst of air associated with thunderstorms- a small craft like this, if we hit one of those at the wrong altitude," he made a sound with his mouth, mimicking an explosion with his hands. "Pulverized."

"I beg of you to make him stop."

Everyone laughed before Morgan turned his sights on Mara. "Is he your boyfriend?"

Mara groaned loudly, closing her eyes. "You're still on this?"

"So, you admit, he is?"

"No, he's not my boyfriend."

"But the breakfast, the touching-"

"You know, for profiling each other to be against the rules, y'all do it a lot."

Mara would hear Emily snicker from across the plane. "Y'all."

"And now you're picking on my accent?" Mara crossed her arms and huffed.

"I just want to know what kind of man is taking advantage of my poor Mara." Morgan grinned.

"Oh my god." Mara physically facepalmed herself.

"How do you know him?"

Reid stood up, moving past Mara and towards the coffee bar. "Excuse me."

"None of your business." Mara answered before getting up and following Reid to the coffee bar.

Reid didn't acknowledge her presence, only making a cup of coffee. Mara took this as a cue to speak. "Look, Reid, I'm sorry about the other night. I'm not good with talking about my feelings."

"It's fine." He replied, still not looking at her.

"What's the matter with you?"

"I don't know," he said quietly, pushing past her. "I'm not good with talking about my feelings."

Mara's mouth fell open with shock at the hostility from the usually warm boy. She recovered from the blow before returning to her seat, not looking over at Reid.

Reid set his hand on the armrest to relax but really, he wanted her hand to brush his again.