𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝓈𝒾𝓍

They arrived in Anchorage and everyone changed into comfortable clothes for the weather

They arrived in Anchorage and everyone changed into comfortable clothes for the weather. They got onto the float plane, Reid helping her across as she tripped going up the stairs.

Garcia pulled a bag of phones from her luggage. "I should let everybody know that reception in the area is unreliable at best. I'm giving everybody satellite phones for communication, and I've already preprogrammed all your digits into speed dial."

Everyone got off the float plane to be greeted by the Deputy. "I'm Deputy Flack, welcome to Franklin."

Everyone went their separate ways, Reid and Mara going to the coroner. Once they arrived, they greeted the coroner, introducing theirselves. "Thank you for your time."

"Sheriff asked me to keep everyone on ice until you got here," the M.E. said. "Still, I can't believe someone from Franklin would be capable of this."

"What convinced you she was stabbed with the arrow instead of shot?" Reid asked as he uncovered the body.

"Upward angle at the point of entry. He would have had to been shooting from beneath her."

They moved onto the next victim. "There wasn't much left. Forest got to him first. I found urine on the remains."

"Urine?" Mara asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I thought it was from the animals who scavenged his body, but I got the lab results back this morning. The urine was human."

They got to Brenda, the doctor becoming sentimental. "I delivered Brenda. Never thought I'd outlive her."

"Look at the cuts on her torso, they're shallow and non-penetrating," Mara commented. "Not necessary for the murder."

"You know what?" Reid said, leaning closer. "These were made postmortem. He's playing with bodies, experimenting with his methodology. Someone incapable of remorse."

Mara's eyes widened. "We're dealing with a psychopath."

"Have you determine whether or not she was raped?" Reid asked the M.E..

"I didn't even think to look."

They left the M.E and got back to the station, reporting what they learned to the team. "He's marking his victims. Only found it on Jon. Both women were clean."

Reid stepped forward next. "Jon was shot three times. The UnSub grazed him twice and then hit him in the head. Dedaimia Swanson was only shot once. The first kill shows hesitation, uncertainty. He wasn't confident taking the terminal shot It was either accidental or spur of the moment, but the second kill, he only needed one shot."

"He's progressing quickly."

They went to settle at the hotel, Garcia setting herself up in the lobby. The son of the owner of the hotel had taken a liking to her and her system. Garcia was looking through people in the town to find any red flags while the rest of the team threw around theories.

"Most of the people here grew up learning to kill animals and start fires." Garcia cringed.

"It sounds like your basic survival skills." Morgan said.

"No," Reid said from the corner. "They're hunting skills. Think about it. The marksmanship, the urine, it makes sense."

"The urine makes sense?" Garcia asked with a disgusted expression.

"It's a hunter's trick. You urinate downwind to keep the animals away," Reid replied. "He tried to preserve Jon Baker's body so it would be disocvered intact."

"All right, so we've got a psychopath with hunting skills who knows the routines of everyone in town," the Sheriff rolled his eyes. "How are we supposed to keep everyone safe?"

Hotch sat next to Garcia. "How's it coming with the town records?"

"I've run everyone who's been printed through CODIS," she replied. "Nothing's come up so far. I'm gonna pull an all-nighter, finish going through the town records. Should have background checks by sunrise."

"Good," Hotch said. "The rest of us should get some sleep, start fresh in the morning."

Carol, the owner of the hotel stepped forward. "I've got four of the upstairs rooms availble."

"Uh, four?" Morgan questioned.

"Come on, that's the best we can do," the Sheriff said. "Your team is double the size of my department. I'll see you in the morning."

"It looks like we'll have to double up." Hotch said.

"I'm not sleeping with Reid." Morgan said as Reid threw his hands up in question.

Garcia reached over and set an arm on Morgan. "Dibs."

"I have to bunk with Reid?" Mara rolled her eyes. "He's a kicker."

Everyone's eyes turned toward Mara at the comment. She only laughed awkwardly before picking up her bag and running up the stairs.

She picked the side closer to the wall, Reid already groaning about how he liked the side closest to the wall. Mara only mocked him, grabbing a towel and heading to the bathroom.

After a shower and changing into her pajamas, she returned to the bed, Reid laying in her spot. She huffed, getting in bed and turning her back to Reid.

A double bed for two grown adults, Mara shook her head. She could feel Reid's back against hers, a reminder of what his skin felt like against hers.

She turned over the same time Reid was, her eyes meeting his. Reid moved an arm under Mara's neck and pulled her into his chest.

Friends could cuddle, right?

She put an arm over his stomach, her ear setting right on top of his heart, the sound of it beating soothing her. He rubbed her back gently, helping her fall asleep.

She looked up at him and he smiled gently at her. Mara tilted her head up and kissed his lips gently, taking Reid by surprise.

Friends kiss, right?