Chapter 24: Hannah

Hannah looked over at Taylor, trying to figure out what to do. Taylor had her eyes closed, focused and reminiscent. Hannah tried to think of good memories, but every time she tried to remember happy times, the memory of her parent's death returned with all the misery she had felt when she discovered their demise. A tear fell down Hannah's cheek, followed by another, and another.

"Are you alright?" Taylor asked, causing Hannah to look over, startled.

"I'm fine, just having a little bit of a problem with keeping good memories in my thoughts..." Hannah replied, starting to calm down. 

"You should probably give yourself some time to calm down before you try again..." Celeste suggested, walking over to the girls from where she had been talking to Kira, explaining the next step of training.

"Right, but Fey is more likely to be in danger the longer we stay here..." Taylor replied, worried. 

"Right, the others said she was most likely going to get executed for something that happened before I met up with them..." Hannah thought, staring at the ground for a moment before bringing her head up.

"I have a feeling she's going to be fine..." Celeste said, a hint of worry, or was it anger? Celeste seemed to notice her tone before quickly adding, "She'll most likely be questioned about her knowlage of light magic and where  she learned it before they eliminate her..." 

"Something's not right, she's definitely hiding something..." Hannah thought, looking over at Celeste again, noting the way she had tried to brush off her first comment like it gave something away.

"Anyway, do you feel ready to keep training?" Celeste asked.

"Sure, I can get started again..." Hannah replied, snapping herself out of her own thoughts and back into reality. She began to try and focus on good, happy memories again but the way Celeste had acted kept intruding, making her lose focus far worse than the last time.

"Maybe you should call it a day and get some sleep, alright?" Celeste asked, looking at Hannah with concern. 

"You do seem pretty tired, Hannah, you should get some sleep..." Kira said as she walked over. She yawned as Taylor looked over at the smaller girl with an almost motherly look in her eye.

"I think we all need to get some sleep, so we should head over to the guest house we were staying in..." Taylor said as she rubbed the top of Kira's head, smiling ever so slightly.

"That seems like a good idea, now run along and get some sleep, alright?" Celeste asked, walking the girls to the door.

"Ok, we'll make sure to get plenty of rest, but you seem a little tired to, so you go to bed for us, ok?" Kira asked back as she, Taylor, and Hannah walked out the door.

"Alright, I will, but you should be worrying more about yourself," Celeste said, patting Kira on the head before continuing. "Now hurry over to the guest house before it gets dark, alright?" 

"Ok," all three girls said in unison before walking away. As they walked, Hannah's mind returned to the weird behavior of Celeste and all that had gone on that day.