Chapter 10

Nico's pov:

I stared at the fire for a little while as I prepared the tale I was about to tell. I looked up at Annabeth, who stared at me with determination, and I began my tale;

"About sixteen years ago a woman by the name of Delilah Orthwrite, got the attention of the god of death- aka Thanatos- and she did this accidentally, when she gave her mortal son a proper Greek funeral.

Thanatos was impressed with her knowledge of the death rights and started to see her. Things continued to happen and eventually they fell in love with each other and eventually had a child nine months later.

Now with every child of death there is a curse set upon them. No one really knows what the curse is, but we do know that it affects each person differently." I said.

"So is that why he can't talk? Because he's cursed?" Annabeth asked. I nodded before I continued.

"So, like you just said, The curse affected Zain also by taking his voice. So little Zain grew up with his mom, While death did his job. Eventually monsters started showing up, but left as soon as they got close to Zain, for the smell of his godly parent's scent would roll off him in waves.

Zain lived with his mom till he was five. She died in a freak accident with Zain making him take her life.

Doctors said she died due to cancer that no one noticed, but Zain knew better for he killed her, with just a single touch she had died..."

I looked down as I recalled Zain telling me his story. Of course, he couldn't talk so he wrote it down on a little blue notebook (that he always carried).

"Is that why he wears a ninja garb? He can't touch anyone so he keeps himself covered?" Annabeth asked.

"No it's not. Although, that is the reason for his thick gloves... So after Delilah died Zain went into a very deep depression which still plagues him now. He was sent to a foster home where he was abused. Now with the curse on him he couldn't speak, but no one knew about the second part. The second part unfortunately took away his ability to feel.

Not just to feel pain, but feeling like temperature, pain, the warmth of a hug, the cool breeze, anything to do with touch or something you can feel, he can't feel it.

So when he kept on getting abused and didn't scream out or even flinch the beatings got worse until he was bounced to a different home where the same thing happened. This continued for seven years before he ran away. He-"

I was about to continue when a rock hit me in the head. It didn't do much damage, but it hurt like heck.

"Ow! What was that for?" I said rubbing my head where the rock hit. I looked to the direction that the rock was thrown and saw Zain standing there with his ninja gear on and tears coming down his face.

He then pulled out a notebook and scribbled something then crumbled it up and chucked it at me. I caught it and uncrumbled it and read it.

It said: try finding him without my help!

I looked up but he was gone.

'Shit!' I thought. "Zain! No Zain come back!" I shouted hoping he would hear me.

No response came. Annabeth picked up the note and read it. "Does he mean Percy?" Annabeth asked with hope and worry.

I just nodded my head.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Dameion's pov:

I bit down hard braking the spine of the rabbit and causing it to die. I then looked at all that I had got: two deer (both male), a squirrel, five wild birds (one was a turkey), and now the rabbits.

'This looks good enough.' I thought. I then put them on a makeshift sled then dragged them to the hunters camp.

0000000000000000-TIME SKIP: 2 HOURS-000000000000000000000

I finally got to the hunters camp and let go of the stick in my mouth which was connected to the sled. I left the sled full of animal carcasses by the campfire pit and walked to the small river which ran by the hunters camp.

I got there and heard girls giggling. I walked to the sound and saw two hunters in silver two piece bikinis splashing each other in the lake.

I mentally sighed before walking away to a quieter section of the river to drink and rest.

I soon found a place with a nice tall shady tree that was not too close to the river but was not too far away. The tree itself looked to be at least sixty feet tall with branches full of flowers, leaves, and some fruits. I walked to the rivers edge and drank.

Once I got my fill I walked over to the tree and rested. A few hours later I walked back to the hunters camp and walked to the fire the hunters just started. As I got close the hunters noticed me and drew there bows and knives. I ignored them and walked to the fire, a arrow was fired in front of me as a warning shot which I ignored as I walked over it and curled up as I laid down by the fire.

"What do you think your doing mutt?" Phoebe said off to my left. I chose to ignore her and continue to relax by the fire, sleep was being very inviting right about now. I felt someone right above me then I felt a blade at my neck.

"You think you can just walk into our camp you stupid mutt?" Phoebe said harshly. I didn't respond.

"Fine, then die!" She said as she brought up the knife and struck me in the side then drove it across the front of my chest. I flinched and whimpered due to the cut that she had given me. Once she pulled the knife out there was an audible scream which came from one of the tents.

Artemis emerged from her tent and stumbled as if she was struck. She looked around as I continued to bleed out. My vision flickered for a second before it came back.

Artemis looked over to us and walked over.

"What is going on-?" She says as she sees Phoebe with a silver knife in her hand, and me bleeding as I stand on all fours. Artemis's face turned white as she looks at me then she turns her attention to Phobe.

"What have you done?" Artemis says in a small voice.

"Malady?" Phoebe responded in confusion.

"Why did you strike the wolf?" Artemis asked. By this time I was gone and none of the hunters noticed.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Third person pov:

"He's a werewolf malady. He needs to be killed before he turns someone else." Phoebe said trying to reason with Artemis.

"I made a pact with him on the Styx." Artemis said as she sat down with a thud.

"Malady!" Phoebe said as she came closer to her.

"You must bring him to me before the Styx completely claims me... Hurry!" Artemis said her voice slowly getting quieter. Phoebe and the rest of the hunters turned, saw that the wolf was gone, and started to panic.

"Follow his blood trail." Phoebe said. The hunters nodded and went after the trail.

Once the hunters were gone Artemis looked up to the evening sky.

"Apollo." She croaked. There was a flash then Apollo appeared.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Artemis pov:

Once the white light cleared my brother was grinning. At least he was until he saw me on the floor.

"Artemis!" He said then rushed to my side. He picked up my hand and looked at my face. I felt the flow of energy enter my body as he held my hand.

"Styx is trying to claim me for my broken pact with the wolf boy." I said with a small smile. "I need to heal him if I am not to be claimed." I said.

"Stay here. I'll be right back." My younger brother said. I gripped his hand tightly. "No. Don't. My hunters will bring him back... Please stay." I said weekly. My brother nodded and stayed with me till the hunters returned.