Chapter 9

Dameions pov:

I awoke to darkness. Not the pitch black I can't see my hand in front of my face' darkness, but more of a bedroom type of darkness. I lifted myself off the cold floor and looked around.

'It seems to have dropped me off in a cave...' I thought to myself. I looked to my left and saw some clothes. 'Apparently someone knows I'm here.' I thought. I slipped on the jeans and the black t-shirt before walking towards the entrance of the cave. When I stepped outside I was blinded by bright sunlight causing me to blink and wait for my eyes to adjust.

"So your finally awake." A voice said to my right. I instinctively turned and pulled out riptide. I was about to click it when I saw that it was Artemis. I sighed and put the pen in my pocket.

"What was that?" Artemis asked.

"Nothing you need to worry about; but since your here, my job is now ten times easier." I said.

"Oh? And how's that boy?" She asked.

"Now, I don't have to find you in order to complete our deal." I said. "Now if you'll be so kind as to remove my curse I'll be happy to leave." I said with a smile.

"Ummm... No. I don't think so wolf boy." She said. My smile faded.

"Why is that "oh" hunter?" I said seriously.

"Because you have yet to tell us where Percy is. If you tell me, I will let you go." Artemis said. My face turned into a scowl.

"I told you, he's dead." I said. She put her arms on her hips.

"Then your story's are conflicting. Because you say he's dead now, but when we were on Olympus you said that he told you his location, if he was needed. So, which is it?" She asked starring at me.

"I already told you. Also, I gave information on him as our deal specified goddess. Uphold your end and release me from my curse!" I shouted angrily. At this Artemis pulled out her bow and pointed it at me.

"Remember who you are talking to boy!" She said angrily.

"AND YOU GODDESS REMEMBER THAT WITHOUT MY HELP YOU WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN KNOWN WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM!" My anger turned into rage. "YOU SHOULD ALSO REMEMBER YOUR PACT! NOT ONLY DO YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE CURSE AND LET ME GO FREE, BUT YOU HAVE TO LET ME GO SAFELY UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO TO TARTURUS!" I was screaming in rage at the goddess. At this point I didn't care what she did as long as she either freed me or went to Tartarus for breaking her pact with me. She was silent for ten minutes before she smiled in triumph.

"You want me to uphold my end of the deal? Fine." She then started talking in Ancient Greek really quickly. I could only catch some pieces such as: Hunt, free, curse, bound, Dameion Orthwrite, time, Perseus Jackson, found. Upon the final word a silver light came out of my chest and flew to the goddess.

I smiled thinking that I was free until I felt a burning sensation around my neck. I gripped my neck and coughed. I felt as if I was being choked. "You can't harm *coughs* me. Our pact *coughs* forbids it!" I said as I coughed again.

"Our pact states that I will free you from your curse and let you go for your cooperation. You would have to in return give us information and his location to me. I have received information but not a location, so you will be stuck at my camp until you lead us to Percy." She said triumphantly.

"And if I refuse?" I asked.

"Well we will just see how long until Styx claims your soul for not cooperating." She said with a smile.

"So I can't leave then right?" I asked.

"Oh no you can leave, but the farther and longer away you are from us the more draw you will feel to come back." She said.