Chapter 1

Percy pov

I ran in between the trees, the feel of the earth under my paws and the wind through my fur is unbelievable.I kept running through the Forrest not caring where I was going. I howled at the crescent moon before I picked up the scent of a male deer.

I followed the scent and saw the deer along with several others in a small clearing. I crouched down and quietly snuck up on the male. The deer seemed to be shinning with a soft silver light. I got closer and closer, then I pounced and broke the deers neck. It thrashed for a minute before going limp.

I was half way through my kill when a silver arrow landed inches from my side.

"Don't move wolf!" Said a girl who looked to be about fourteen. She had blond hair and green eyes. She had a bow that was notched with a silver arrow and was aimed at my head. I started to move back slowly. She pulled back the string some more.

"I said don't move." She said again. I stopped moving and put my ears back. We stood there for a minute before another girl appeared. She looked to be about 12. She had silver eyes and brown hair. I knew instantly who it was. Artemis. I thought. Artemis walked over to the other girl.

" Elizabeth. Why did you call me over?" Artemis asked in a tired voice. Elizabeth turned her head to respond, and in that moment I took off into the woods. An arrow landed to the left of my head barely missing me and forcing me to go right. I heard a cry of anger come from the Elizabeth girls mouth, followed by the twang of a bow string.

I felt my right back leg explode in pain Making me yelp. I kept on running but not as fast as before with my injured leg. I kept going until I found a cave. I went in the cave and started licking the wound and trying to bite the arrow to get it out. I didn't want to risk transforming for the fear that a hunter would find me, I continued to try to get the arrow out when I heard the sound of a twig snapping at the mouth of the cave.

I looked up and let out a low growl of warning. It was silent for a while before Artemis slowly stepped in front of the cave. I let out another growl, this time a little louder. She stopped at the sound then slowly stepped towards me with her hands up to show she was unarmed. 'It is ok little wolf. You are injured. Let me help you.' She said in my head.

I pulled my ears back and growled a little bit. She got right next to me and crouched down and started to scratch my head and whisper soothing words to me. The tension in my body slowly started to melt away. After a few minutes she started to speak soothingly a little louder. She then pinned my body to the ground to make sure I didn't move, all the while saying soothing things and still scratching my head. I started to whimper.

"I know. I know." She said soothingly. She then gripped the arrow and pulled it out quickly. I yelped and tried to get away. She held me and continued to try to calm me. I whimpered a lot and continued to struggle.

"M'lady?" Came a female voice from the front of the cave. Artemis glared in the direction of the voice. Her momentarily laps allowed me to get out of her pin and go further into the cave. Artemis sat there and waited as a girl who looked about 15, with black spiky hair and sky blue eyes to walk up beside her. 'Thalia'. I thought.

"Thalia. What is it?" Artemis whispered never taking her eyes off of me.

"The wolfs have found a camp... It had a shredded camp half blood t-shirt with his scent on it, and a minatore horn in a red tent. It looks as if someone was there roughly 3 hours ago." Thalia said.

Artemis looked from Thalia to me then back to Thalia. She seemed to be trying to figure out what to do. She then turned back to me and sighed before lifting a hand and saying "sleep".