Chapter 5: "Surfin' U.S.A."

Michelle wore a pink bikini top and bottom along with jean shorts as she held a yellow surfboard under her left arm.  She  went towards Coney Island once again.  She felt a little more confident then before, and as she stepped onto the sand she heard the sound of music once again playing from the Beach Boys.  They were all hanging out against the surfin' shack vocalizing with one another.  They had there own surfboards with them, and they looked over surprised to see Michelle had return.

  She even had her surfboard with her under her arm.  Dennis was the first to stand up, and he smiled,

"Your back!"

"And ready to surf!  Come on then you guys!"  Michelle spoke waving them towards the beach and tides.  She runs with her surfboard under her arm and then sticks it into the sand.  She takes off her jean shorts exposing her pink bikini bottoms.  Next, she took the surfboard out into the ocean.  Laying on the board she paddled out into the water.  The Beach Boys followed right after her.

  Each of them wore the same swim trunks, but had different surfboards.  Michelle laughed when she stood up on her board as she caught a wave to surf on.  All the Beach Boys watched as she surfed the waves like a pro.  They were delighted and full of awe, especially for Dennis.  And as she surfed the waves.  The beach boys sang in harmony together as they surfed the waves with her.  The song they all sang was 'Catch a Wave'.

  And Michelle continued to ride the waves laughing, she felt the water inside the tunnel as she rode on her surfboard.  Then she veered out and leaped up in the air splashing water with her board.  The five boys had there jaw dropped as they watched speechless of how good she was at surfing.  Her hair was all wet but she still catches a wave, and she came up the wave on her board and did a flip in mid air, she comes back down and lands on her surfboard, riding the wave.

   Dennis came with his surfboard and was now next to Michelle, he winked to her and she giggled.  He sang as he rode a huge wave with his board, and he felt the tunnel of water with his hand.  The rest of the beach boys sang in harmony and in unison, riding there boards on the water.  Soon she finally made her way back to the sand as the boys followed her gladly.  Dennis spoke,

"You're a natural at that!  A true surfer girl!"

"Oh it was nothing...I haven't done it in a while, but, thanks."  She replies flattered.

She sat on her surfboard looking out to the ocean.  She drank a small strawberry martini from her glass.  The rest of the Beach Boys hung out and talked with eachother, drinking a couple of beers, joking around.  Dennis sat on his surfboard next to her,

"So, what's been the problem lately?"

Michelle sighed, "There something that you and your friends need to know.  Something important,"

"Well shoot." he shrugged.  Soon all the Beach Boys came to her attention, including Dennis.

"I'm not from this time in 1966.  I come from the future.  And I'm trying to find my way back to the modern day era.  The only way of returning back to my time is to not be afraid of the past.  The truth is, I can't fall in love with any of you.  I'm sorry, Dennis.  But, I know your an honest and kind guy.  I just don't want to be stuck here for the rest of my life, I belong where I need to belong.  Which is why I came back to you, to tell the truth and not lie,"

"You don't have to believe me.  I just needed to tell you, that I still cared.  And I think it was wonderful riding the waves.  It's a feeling that I'll never forget, and I think your all lovely men.  Your music, no one will ever forget.  For now, Dennis Wilson, I hope you understand my situation..."

Dennis looked to her with a mellow face, he held her hand,

"I believe you.  You seemed different at first sight.  Although I thought you were the most beautiful surfer girl on the beach.  Now I know the truth,"

He quickly takes something out of his swim trunks.  He opens the palm of his hand revealing a beautiful deep blue wave necklace,

"It was made in the Bahamas.  The bluest of all oceans, and the tropical islands.  I've been meaning to give this to someone who cares about there lives, and there specialties,"

"When I saw you, out there, surfing the waves so joyfully, I knew you were the right one. Gorgeous and pretty, but the right one to have it."

Dennis clipped the deep blue necklace around her neck.  Then he looks to her with a friendly grin,

"You look great with it on."

"Thank you, Dennis..."  Michelle comes in and hugs him, a tear fell down her face as she hugged him a little harder.  She looked up seeing Al, Brian, Carl, and Mike start tearing up, she giggles a little.  When they parted from the hug, Michelle stands up and begins to walk away.  But she turns back for one last look at the Beach boys.

  She took in a breath, and then exhaled when she turned her back on them.  And she walked away holding at her necklace, she knew it was nice to get a gift from Dennis and she would cherish it forever.  Now as she made her way up to the boardwalk to Coney Island once again, she would now have to find where the Rolling Stones could be playing at.  

The question she asked herself was, 'Where could the Stones be playing at next?'  And so she discovers that the next Rolling Stones concert was playing a little local show in the park at 7 PM today.  That's where she needed to go, and she felt more determined then ever...