Chapter 1: "The Beach Boys"

Michelle had been a young woman around the age of twenty two.  She enjoyed walking through the grass, and under large trees that rose high above her head.  Her hair was a dirty blonde, and her eyes were green like leaves.  As the girl wandered into the woods of Pennsylvania, she looks to see an arch way that went deep into a place unknown.  Curious as she was, the girl walked in that direction wearing her light pink summer's dress.  She never had any shoes on as her feet stepped the bare dirt path.  

   The wind picked up a little, making the trees leaves fly off there branches.  Although, Michelle kept walking down the tunnel seeing a light that glowed ahead, wondering where it lead too.  Soon she sees a grey squirrel scamper across the path and up the base of an oak.  The light breeze flowed through her hair  as the leaves picked up swirling around her.  She approached the light closer, and closer.  The light then changed to a very psychedelic and colorful glow of colors.  It made her walk more, and soon, she walked right through.

   She opened her eyes finding herself in a strange new era.  It didn't feel like the future, but it felt like the past.  She looked around finding herself at the beach.  The crashing waves hit the sand as the tides came in and out.  Michelle turned around noticing the forest had disappeared.  Where had it gone?  And why? She looked back to the ocean until she heard the sound of singing, and it was familiar to her as if she's heard it before.  

   Michelle looked over seeing a group of 5 young men holding a big surfboard together.  They seemed to have been singing the song "Surfin' U.S.A".  The way they sang the song in harmony and was it was almost entrancing to her, she smiled walking over with her head tilted a tiny bit, interested.  Soon the five men paused singing and looked over to her friendly looking smiling back, one of them spoke,

"Hi there!  You seemed to be lost, mind if we show you around?"

"Yes of course, and er---who are you and your singing friends?" She asked politely.

"I'm Dennis, these other two are my brothers, Carl and Brian, and then back there is Al and Mike."

The rest of the young men waved hello to the girl. Michelle nodded her head,

"I'm Michelle then, so you guys are surfers?"

"We're singers too!  In fact we're the Beach Boys if you've ever heard of us." Carl spoke.

"Oh I love your songs they're wonderful!  Where are you guys heading off too?"

"We've got a some songs to sing up there at the little surfin' shack.  It would be great to have you there, you can get drinks and hang out."  Says Brian pointing up to the little shack that had glowing lights around the top of the little hut.  

"Come on then!" spoke Al.  "We'll show you!"  adds Mike with enthusiasm.  The five men put down the giant surf board and they hurried up to the hut.  Surprising Michelle, Dennis took her by the hand and raced up the sand with her.  She laughed  running with him.  The five beach boys came around to the local stage.  

  People sat at the Tiki bar, at tables, and on the sand before the shack.  Everyone hung out together drinking, eating, and talking to one another. Dennis looked to Michelle,

"Have ya ever been here before?"

"No, but it seems awesome!"  she said joyfully.

"Wait till you hear us." he winked.

   Dennis went to the local stage along with his friends, and he was on drums, and the other four men were singing or playing guitar.  The first song that played was "Fun Fun Fun."  And as the song played Michelle covered her mouth trying to hide her smile, although she couldn't hide it at all.  They all enjoyed being with eachother and singing with one another.  They sang incredibly, and it was almost beautiful.  When the song finished Dennis in the back with drums looks to Mike.

  The two of them talked for a while and then, the rest of them agreed on something that Michelle was curious about.  Brian took his guitar and started to play the song "Surfin Safari."  And it was catchy to her ears and it made her smile.  And as Brian along with the rest of his friends sang, he walked over playing his guitar and singing at the same time.  Michelle giggled, appreciating his cute affection.  She sighed, he went back to playing, and soon the song ended.

     Dennis Wilson came over by the bar and asked for a beer, then asked if Michelle wanted anything.  She just asked for a  strawberry martini and sat at the bar next to him.  The other four beach boys hang out together and talked for a while.  When they got there drinks, Michelle drank a little bit of it and it tasted amazing.  Dennis looked to her and asked,

"So where are you from?"

"Not around here that's for sure ha ha," she joked playfully.  

He nodded his head grinning, he drank some of his beer and then says,

"I came from California but here in the beaches on Coney Island, is quite nice.  Never gets old, I love to hear the waves everytime I wake up in the morning.  It's like the ocean calls out to you.  Begging you to go out there and ride the waves."

"That's nice to know.  I've always loved going to the beach."

"I know this is sudden, and that I've just met you but....c-could you be my girl?"

For a moment she didn't say anything back.  She opened her mouth but never said anything, she looked away to her drink.  Soon he spoke again,

"We could go surfing, ride the waves, and wouldn't it be nice to be together?"

Michelle looked to him after he said 'wouldn't it be nice'.  She sighed looking down at the ground thinking over everything.  She couldn't stay here much longer, and she couldn't be distracted, she had to get back to her modern day era.  But it made her feel a bit sad.  She held his hand and said,

"I'm sorry, but___I can't.  I don't belong here."

"Sure y'do!  Your always welcome here with us, me and my friends."  

"No I mean, I'm not suppose to be HERE.  I belong somewhere else, and I'm so sorry...please forgive me Dennis."  She drank up the rest of her martini and sets it on the table.  She bit her lip trying to hold back tears, and she turned her back, and walked out of the surfin shack.  Michelle told herself not to look back or else she'll begin to cry more.  

     She knew he was just trying to be nice, and she knew he wasn't a bad person.  It's just, she didn't belong there, and she had thoughts of going back home.  She needed to find someone who could help her.  And she never thought, that it was very hard walking away from the beach boys like that, especially when one of them cared and fell in love her.  She inhaled and exhaled deeply as she headed up towards Coney Island onto a board walk.

  She soon began to run, all on her own, and no one to rely on.  It's only a matter of time Michelle would find herself in a difficult state, to leave someone who cared for her in such an affectionate way...