Chapter 10: Aftermath (Marie)

Once we got back to Inkopolis Square, Callie and I, Sheldon, and Agent 4 went our separate ways. Callie and I went back to our house and we sat down on the couch.

"Cal," I said. "You getting any better?"

"A bit," she answered. "My vision is still a bit hazy, and my head hurts really bad. How about you?"

"To be honest, I still want to kill you," Marie said depressingly. "I don't know how I'm going to get rid of those thoughts."

"It's okay Marie, I'd rather die to you than Octavio and his Ocolings," Callie said.

"Don't say that," I replied. "It's not okay. I just have to suppress those thoughts I guess. Maybe Sheldon could help me out with his science crap."

Callie laughed. "Science crap."

"Yeah, but until then my best bet would probably be to lock up all my weapons and throw the key away."

"Hey, um, when you said the Squid Sisters were done, did you mean it?"

"I did when I said it, but not anymore."

"Good."

"Cal, I'm sorry for dragging you into that. And for beating you up. I don't know how it made you feel when I kneed you for trying to give me a hug. I'm such an idiot. I shouldn't have gotten kidnapped in the first place. And I definitely shouldn't have believed Octavio, hypnoshades or not. He told me that you tried to kill me the night I went missing. What was I doing when that happened. Stupid mind wipe won't let me remember."

"You went to buy a new charger. The next day I went to Ammo Knights, but Sheldon said you never came." 

"Well Cal, I'm going to bed. Actually, first I'm going to lock up all my weapons. Just in case."

"Okay Marie, goodnight."

"Goodnight."