Chapter 20

Alexander's POV:

I woke up with a strange feeling. I looked over at Lexi's bed to see it was empty.

She forgot to wake me up again. I thought, when my eyes landed on the time.

7:45 am.

What? Lexi wakes up at 9 am. Where is she?

I got out of bed and went to the living room in hopes to find her. But she wasn't there.

I went to the kitchen but she wasn't there as well.

"Lexi?" I called out to her to receive no response in return.

I went to the living room again and found that there were some equipments that Mike gave us to keep them until he came to take them back.

I went over to see why they were out there when my eyes landed on a folded piece of paper beside them.

Confused, I picked it up and unfolded it.

Dear Alex,

I'm sorry that I didn't tell you but I had no other choice but to do it.

Yesterday I received a call from an unknown number. I ignored it multiple times but it kept ringing. So I picked it up.

The person that called me was the leader of the Deadly Squad. His name is Scott Turner. He offered me a deal.

He said that if I help him get in the territory, he'll help me get revenge on our father for what he did to our mother.

I, of course, wasn't stupid enough to agree to it. But I thought of a plan that might help you and everyone else.

I'm gonna give you information on this gang so you know what's to come. I left out the equipment for you so you can hear what is being said.

I hope you're not mad and I'm sorry for what I did but please, I'll explain everything. I won't be gone for long, I promise.

Your sis,
Lexi.

What in the world is this? She's went over night to join the damn gang so she could give us information on the inside.

Dammit, Lexi! At least share it with me before you do something this stupid.

I went back in the room to get my phone and called her.

She picked up after two rings. "Alex?" She whispered.

"What the hell had got into you? Are you crazy?" I asked.

"You're lucky everyone is asleep right now, idiot. I'm doing this for the benefit of the Jones. They're after them and us. Of course someone had to do something." She whispered again but harshly this time.

"You could've told me before taking off." I said.

I heard her sigh. "I know I should've told you. But I didn't have enough time. So I wrote it all in the letter I left you."

"I'm not gonna say it's fine until you are here safe and in one piece."

"It's okay. I understand."

I sat on my bed and sighed. "So your plan is to work for us from the inside. Where did you got that idea from?"

"Watched a movie. It was a good idea so I used it in real life." She whispered.

"So I'm supposed to set it up?"

"Yep. The microphone is already in place. You should be able to hear everything with it." She said.