Chapter 10

Alexander's POV:

We all filed inside Chris' car. I was sitting in the passenger seat and the girls were in the back.

"So, anyone wanna give me the directions?" Chris asked from the driver's seat.

"I'll do it." I volunteered.

Half an hour later, we arrived at the Jones house.

"Woah." Chris and Char breathed as they took in the exterior of the house.

"This is amazing." Char said from behind.

Not long after, Chris pulled up at the driveway and turned off the car.

We all got out and made our way to the front steps. I rang the door bell.

Sophie was the one who answered.

"I see you've brought friends. Come in." She said.

"Hello, Mrs. Jones." Chris greeted.

"Hello, dear. Please call me Sophie." She said.

"Hi. I'm Charlotte." Char introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you."

"And I'm Chris." Chris said, remembering he was supposed to say his name.

"Nice to meet you as well." Sophie said.

For a few minutes we stood at the door in an awkward silence. That didn't seem to bother Sophie. She was smiling.

I wonder if her cheeks ever hurt from smiling that much.

She's probably used to it.

"Umm. We'll be taking them to the pool house with us. If you don't mind." Lexi said cutting the awkward silence.

"Sure, sure. Will you both be staying for dinner?" She asked Chris and Char.

"No. We'll be leaving in a few." Chris answered.

She smiled. "Okay. You can go ahead now."

Lexi and I immediately pulled both of them out the door.

"I was thinking it wasn't safe to go from there. So we take route two." Lexi said.

"What is route two?" Char asked.

"The pool house is in the backyard so we'll have to go around the house." I answered.

"Don't her cheeks hurt from smiling this much?" Chris asked.

"She's probably used to it." I answered.

Chris shrugged but didn't say anything.

As we rounded the corner, we were greeted by a black metal gate that had a lock on it.

"This wasn't supposed to be here." I said.

"Just jump over it." Lexi suggested.

I shrugged. I went down on my knees and cupped both my hands.

Lexi got the memo and put her foot on my hands and pulled herself up. She swung one leg on the other side then the other. Then we heard her land on the other side.

"I landed." She called from the other side.

Chris and Char did the same thing and landed on the other side.

I jumped and grabbed onto the top of the gate and pulled myself up. I swung my leg on the other side and then the other then landed on the ground.

We all turned back to look at the pool and the house.