Chapter 1 - Needles

"Morning, when you have a minute can you come to the kitchen?" Evie asks as she leans against the counter

"Yeah in a minute." I sigh as I dig through the mounds of paperwork. Since Marty left it's been chaos around here. He was great at keeping up with paperwork, bills, booking appointments but now I have to do it myself and tattoo until I can find his replacement. Owning a tattoo shop was my dream ever since I started tattooing my friends when I was fourteen and I'm proud that I've achieved it, but the paperwork is a pain in my ass.

I give up and make my way to the kitchen from the front desk, passing the four rooms set up for tattooing and piercing and make my way to the kitchen at the back

"Morning boss." Ace nods as he pours himself coffee, he was a prospect for the Broken Demons MC when he approached me with a portfolio of his drawings, I hired him on the spot and he's been a great asset, he specialises in Japanese art and people come from miles around for his work.

"I brought food." Evie smiles as she opens the white box. Evie's brother is a member of the MC and she was in a facility for years after surviving a brutal attack. She's now married to Reaper, another member, and from the first time I saw her sketch I knew she'd be an amazing artist, she only works part time but she's always fully booked months in advance. Sometimes she gets a little nervous tattooing guys she doesn't know, so Ace and I take it in turns sitting with her while she works, but it's not a problem, I love working with her and Ace, they're both a lot of fun to be around.

"Guess what?" She says as she lifts cupcakes out of the box

"I'm pregnant!" She smiles, there's another kid to add to the fold. That'll be twelve kids in the club now, after Ice and his wife Imelda had a son last week. A lot of my club brothers have settled down, gotten married and have kids, hell my president Killer has four kids. The club is so different from how it used to be. Every night the clubhouse used to be packed with girls and we would party til we passed out, now the clubhouse is more like a damn daycare and us few remaining single guys end up at the night club the MC owns, Scars.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for my brothers they all have amazing strong women at their sides and the kids are great. But I want that, I want a wife to go home to after a long day, sit down to dinner together and talk about our days. I want kids to spoil and one day hand my shop over to, but at thirty four it seems less and less likely to happen. Yeah I enjoy my freedom and sleeping with whoever I want whenever I want, but I'm ready to settle down.

"Congratulations." I smile

"Damn you were angry last time you were pregnant." Ace says and I try to hide my smirk

"We'll keep running your mouth and maybe I'll be angry this time too." She growls, holding a cupcake like a loaded gun and I can't hold my laughter.

"Let's get to work guys, our first appointments will be here soon." I say as I pour myself coffee before heading to my room.