Be Concerned

TW//mentions of self-harm and homophobic slurs

|-/

Tyler woke up a bit later the next day. He didn't get a lot of sleep the day before, so last night made up for it.

He patted the space next to him, only to realize it was empty. He sat up and looked around, waiting for his eyes to adjust.

A fit of red hair was faced in the opposite direction of him. Josh was shirtless and obviously didn't realize Tyler had waken up.

Tyler smiled and got up quietly, wrapping his arms around his waist.

"Good morning." He said sleepily. Josh didn't reply and Tyler furrowed his eyebrows. "Joshie? Are you ok?"

"T-Tyler... What is this?" He said shakily and held up a tiny black box with it's top opened.

Tyler froze and unwrapped his arms from the boys waist and just stared at it. "Josh... I-"

The boy turned around to face Tyler, tears in his eyes. "Tyler... Show me your arms... Please." Josh pleaded, his bottom quivering slightly.

"Joshie, please-"

"Show me. I'm not gonna ask again. Please."

Tyler bit his lip nervously and sighed in defeat. He slowly rolled up the sleeves of his hoodie and hung his arms in shame. Josh lightly grabbed his wrist and held it up. Very faded white and pink scars were littered all over his skin.

"How did I not notice these before?" Josh mumbled, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

"I'm 4 months clean. If you wanted to k-know." Tyler said, his voice cracking at the end.

Josh didn't answer, but instead pulled Tyler into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry." He mumbled into Tyler's ear, rubbing soothing circles into his back with his thumb.

"I am too."

Josh just hugged him tighter and cried softly into Tyler's hoodie. He couldn't even imagine what Tyler had been going through, and he didn't want to. He didn't want to imagine his love doing these horrible things to himself. That just made Josh think: what if Brendon never graduated and was in the same grade as Josh? What if they were still roommates and he never met Tyler or fell in love with him, because he loved Brendon; hell, he still did to some extent. He wondered if Tyler would go back to cutting himself while Josh would be happy with Brendon.   But Josh had to accept the fact that Brendon was gone, and he's not coming back, and maybe, just maybe, Tyler wouldn't do anything to hurt himself again.

They stayed like that for a good minute or two, before breaking apart and looking into each other's eyes.

"Just promise me you won't do it again." Josh sniffled and looked at Tyler.

"I promise. I'm happy now, so that's all that matters." Tyler smiled softly and Josh returned it.

"Good. I wonder what could've caused that." Josh said teasingly.

Tyler giggled. "Well, it definitely was a person, with bright red hair, beautiful brown eyes, an adorable smile, a nose ring and gauges to make him look even more hotter than he already is, super cool tattoos, a really nice body, might I add...." Tyler trailed off before kissing Josh on the lips. "You."

"Oh really? I had no idea. " Josh joked.

"Oh, just shut up and kiss me."

Josh did as he was told and kissed Tyler back, throwing his hands into Tyler's fluffy hair and entangling his fingers in it.