Chapter Nine

"Guys, I appreciate the fact you care but... is this really necessary...?"

Akira sat on his bed as he watched Ryuji and Ann set up futon mattresses and Futaba do god knows what with her gear. Yusuke sat beside him with a bento.

"Your doctors recommended we don't leave you alone. Now hush and eat your food."

Yusuke stuffed some rice into Akira's mouth with chopsticks, making the other boy whine pathetically.

"All done with the microphones!" Futaba cheered. "Now I just gotta figure out where I'm putting the webcams..."

"Don't put cameras in my room!!" Akira exclaimed through a mouthful of rice.

"I gotta keep an eye on you somehow!"

"What if I'm in here naked or jerking off?!"

   "EWW GROSS!"

While Futaba exclaimed, Ryuji broke out in laughter and fell face down on his futon. Ann rolled her eyes and stood up.

   "We don't need webcams, Futaba-Chan. We'll be here to watch him until he's ready to be left alone again." she said.

"Ok, ok. I'm running home to see if the microphones work ok." Futaba gathered her things and went down the stairs. "See y'all in a few hours!" she called.

Morgana came up the steps then, going to sit on the couch. Akira's was quiet now and letting Yusuke feed him, accepting the fact that the artist would baby him no matter what.

"Everyone settled for the night?" Morgana asked.

"Yup. Where's Makoto and Haru?" Ryuji said, done with his laughing fit.

"They're going to be with Futaba at her house while we watch Akira."

   "Geez, you guys are overreacting, you're treating me like a baby!" Akira sighed. "I'll be fine by myself, you don't have to—!" more food was forced in his mouth.

   "No more whining, young man! We're only trying to take care of you!" Yusuke said.

"Gimme those chopsticks, Yusuke! I'm sure he just wants his mommy to take care of him!" Ann cooed. "Now open wide, baby~!"

"Noooooooo!"

   "C'mon! Eat up~!"

    "Nooooooo—!"

    "Listen to mommy, baby Ki-Ki!" Ryuji came and held Akira still, snickering as his friend squirmed.

    "What a troublesome baby boy we've adopted~" Yusuke droned with a smug grin.

Akira let out an annoyed whine as Ann fed him more; personally, he preferred being in a daddy role rather than a baby role. Morgana liked seeing his friends goofing around but wished they'd take the matter more seriously. Morgana laid down and looked toward Futaba's "microphones" with their suspicious design.

   'This plan better work...'

————

The prison had once again come and gone. Akira was lying on the beach again under the orange and gold sky. He didn't feel like running around this time. All he did was just lay there and stare at the red calligraphy writing on his arms; most in English, the rest in French.

"Hey, Arsene?" Akira called.

   "Yes, child?" the Persona appeared beside him, sitting back in midair.