Chapter One

Looking back, everything was a blur. He remembered his task; to put an end to the Phantom Thieves. He had them in his grasp, he could've ended it so easily... but he didn't. He saw himself with a gun... and made a sacrifice he thought he could never take back. That was when his memory was fuzzy.

Now he was in a seemingly endless void of darkness, naked, tied down by chains, and suffering one hell of a headache. He tried to move his arms but was of no avail—the chains were either really heavy or he was really weak.

"You're back..." a voice boomed in the darkness.

"Where am I..." he asked with a hoarse voice.

"You met with a rather unfortunate end, Master."

"Did I...?"

"You're lost. We could tell."

He rolled his eyes and put his head back.

"So what am I supposed to do? Accept my fate?"

"Not quite. You have another chance to find the true path of justice. The other prince will find you and help you out of the dark."

"Other prince? What are you-?"

He gasped at a sudden lightness. The chains broke and he felt as if a weight was lifted off his chest.

"I'm going to miss our time together. Awake now... Goro Akechi..."

————

What was meant to be a small get together for movies and snacks turned into a painfully long road trip to an unknown destination.

Ryuji sat in the passenger seat, looking ready to collapse. Futaba was in the back, asleep and snoring. The blond boy groaned and faced Akira, who dragged them on the trip in the first place.

"Dude, it's so effin' late! Can you tell us where we're going now?" He complained.

"Yeah!" Morgana spoke up from Ryuji's lap. "Sojiro's not gonna be happy that we're so far out the city!"

"I know that." Akira kept his eyes on the road.

"Then where are we going!" Ryuji exclaimed. "C'mon, we've been driving all day!"

"We've been driving for three hours." Akira corrected.

Ryuji groaned and rolled his head back. Akira knew it was stupid to be driving so late to an unknown destination, but he couldn't help it. Something told him he had to go somewhere—Akira couldn't admit it, but he knew he heard Arsene's voice in his head.

"Uuhhnnn..." Futaba rubbed her eyes, "how long was I asleep...?"

"Not that long." Ryuji said. "Are we almost there, Akira? We have to be close now, right?"

"I don't know."

"So are we just gonna keep driving all night?" Futaba started to doze off again.

"I don't know."

"Come on now! You have to know something! Where are we—MROOW!!" Morgana shrieked.

Akira had floored the break and stopped the car, startling everyone. The sudden motion scared Futaba awake again and she exclaimed.