☁️19☁️

Author's POV

It was early in the morning for people to be out and about. The city once again bustling with frantic and calm individuals, going places and becoming people. Androids kept pace with their humans, some carrying heavy objects, while others had their hands behind their backs.

The DPD was quiet, surprisingly. Gavin wasn't making much of a ruckus, and Captain Fowler wasn't yelling at someone. It was a fine day, a fine day to go and be notified of a case.

There, Hank was sitting idly in his terminal, whilst Connor was waiting to pick up a new case, and (Y/N) sat on the edge of Connor's desk, wondering if it would be possible to add some more music into her oh-so-precious MP3 player.

Yes, everything was fine and dandy for these folks. All of a sudden-

"HEY TIN CAN!"

Groans and huffs of frustration left the mouths of the three individuals. It was evident that they wanted no part in Gavin's bitching-about, but they had no choice. It's free real estate. They all turned their head towards the direction of Gavin in unison, and even the way the snapped their heads to him seemed annoyed. The detective paid no mind to their despair and just approached Connor's desk.

"Hey! I'm talking to you dipshit, don't you just phckin' look at me! " Gavin snarled. He crossed his arms as he ignored (Y/N)'s presence. Hank rolled his eyes and stood up, walked towards the 36-year old detective and placed a firm hand on his shoulder.

"Leave, Reed."

"Phck off Anderson. I wanna talk to Connor. "

"Talk to him, as in break him? Yeah, I don't think so." Hank stood his ground in between Connor and Gavin, but this didn't discourage the stubborn detective, he pushed the old man away and this caused Connor to quickly get up on his feet. Everyone was on edge, even IF Gavin's intentions were quite obvious already. But they were ready for the unexpected none the less.

"Hey tin can." He glared up at Connor. Jealousy radiated from him like heat from the sun. He then noticed (Y/N) cautiously staring from behind the plastic detective, he smirked at this and focused back on Connor. "What do you know? The most advance android detective gets help from a phcking bitch." He laughed through his nose and pushed past Connor to look (Y/N) up and down in a mocking manner. "Where'd you pick this street cat up anyway? A strip club?" He was now howling in laughter. Clutching his stomach before straightening himself up once more to wipe an invisible tear from his eye.

Connor's POV

My red turned a bright red, flashing frantically from red to orange. I knew that this was nothing out of the norm when he would insult me, or even bully me in any way or form, but this made my pump regulator pump faster than usual. My eyebrows knit close together, and system seems to be almost overheating. I was in a state of shock, but it felt more than that.

Software Instability ^

'Felt? Where did that come from?'

I was too busy thinking about myself, that I haven't noticed Gavin poking and pointing annoyingly and threateningly at (Y/N). She looked very uncomfortable, and seemed like she could blow a fuse any moment. Her cheeks were slightly puffed, eyes were slightly watering, lips bit harshly into a thin line, and eyebrows furrowed together. I knew I had to intervene. It was rather... Unpleasant, to see her in such a way. So defenseless and clearly vulnerable. If she was to pull an irrational action towards the arrogant detective, he could pull the trigger on her anytime. And I would be very upset.